Channing Tatum Enjoys Watching Father Struggling on His Line
Channing Tatum relished watching his father Glenn Tatum struggle to learn his line as an extra in new romantic drama "Dear John" - because the actor has been putting up with his dad's criticisms for years. The "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" star helped his father land a cameo in his new movie, but he soon realized his dad wasn't cut out for Hollywood when he had to spend hours training him to shoot one small scene.
Tatum says, "He had one line. I found it so gratifying because he's always giving me critiques. He's like, 'Son, you should be like the great actors, they don't blink'."
"It's such a weird thing but he had a flat out meltdown, couldn't even figure it out. I had to go over it (his scene) with him for six hours with theater games, role switching... He had one line! The very first take he didn't even get (the line) out."
More Channing Tatum News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance