Flavor Flav Denies Failing to Pay Child Support
Rap veteran Flavor Flav has played down reports he owes his ex-girlfriend more than $63,000 in child support payments, insisting he's been making frequent contributions to pay for their kids' education. Angie Parker, mum to three of Flav's seven children, won a court judgment in January to increase the Public Enemy star's monthly cheques from $117 to $837.72.
The ruling was made to include their third kid, who was born years after their original child support agreement in 1996. The new deal, which is expected to cover the youngsters' tuition at a private school, was retroactive to 2008, when Parker filed the appeal for an increase.
But the hip-hop star, real name William Drayton, Jr., is adamant he's not turned his back on his ex and is dealing with his financial commitments. He tells the New York Post's gossip column PageSix, "The judgment is recent as I was just made aware of it. I'll certainly be addressing it. However, I've made payments on my children's tuition, and have made direct payment to the mother outside of the court order."
The child support debt isn't Flav's only money problem - the 50-year-old was recently reported to owe more than $183,000 in unpaid taxes.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri