Flavor Flav Denies Failing to Pay Child Support
Rap veteran Flavor Flav has played down reports he owes his ex-girlfriend more than $63,000 in child support payments, insisting he's been making frequent contributions to pay for their kids' education. Angie Parker, mum to three of Flav's seven children, won a court judgment in January to increase the Public Enemy star's monthly cheques from $117 to $837.72.
The ruling was made to include their third kid, who was born years after their original child support agreement in 1996. The new deal, which is expected to cover the youngsters' tuition at a private school, was retroactive to 2008, when Parker filed the appeal for an increase.
But the hip-hop star, real name William Drayton, Jr., is adamant he's not turned his back on his ex and is dealing with his financial commitments. He tells the New York Post's gossip column PageSix, "The judgment is recent as I was just made aware of it. I'll certainly be addressing it. However, I've made payments on my children's tuition, and have made direct payment to the mother outside of the court order."
The child support debt isn't Flav's only money problem - the 50-year-old was recently reported to owe more than $183,000 in unpaid taxes.
- Stephen Colbert to Host 2017 Emmy Awards
- Justin Bieber Shaves His Head Again - Is It Because of Selena Gomez?
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies