Heather Mills Too Afraid to Reveal About Ugly Divorce From Paul McCartney
Heather Mills is constantly guarded when questioned about her divorce from Paul McCartney - because the former model fears she will end up in jail if she reveals too much. The couple separated in 2006 after four years of marriage, leading to an ugly public divorce battle.
The Beatles' star was ordered to hand over $38.9 million of his fortune to Mills after their union was officially dissolved in 2008. Mills was banned from talking about the divorce proceedings - and now she's constantly wary of what she says as a result.
She says, "The judge decided to put it in the judgment that I would be gagged for my whole life and that I would go to prison if I talked about it." But the 42-year-old is angry the ban was imposed - because she was unable to speak up when she read hurtful things about her in the media.
She adds, "I found that very unfair - because of all the lies being said that I wasn't allowed to defend myself. And because of the vilification in the press, my career was ruined completely."
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group