Stephen Baldwin on Brother Alec: Everything's Fine
Stephen Baldwin has reassured fans of his brother Alec Baldwin, insisting the "30 Rock" star is feeling "great" after his early morning dash to hospital on Thursday. February 11.
Paramedics transported Alec Baldwin to a New York hospital after receiving a 911 call, believed to have been made by his 14-year-old daughter Ireland, from his Manhattan apartment. He was released after a brief check-up and his representative subsequently insisted the hospital visit had been one big "misunderstanding", amid rumors the actor had been intoxicated.
In a statement released on Thursday, Baldwin's spokesman, Matthew Hiltzik, said, "This was a misunderstanding on one person's part. Alec was quickly released from the hospital; he's completely fine and will be at work today." Hiltzik added that "absolutely no drugs or alcohol" were involved in the incident.
Now born-again Christian Stephen has spoken out to further dismiss fears for his older brother's health. Describing the hospital admission as a "miscommunication", he tells U.S. news show Extra, "He's great. Everything's fine... There was nothing weird, nothing stupid."
Ireland is Alec Baldwin's daughter with ex-wife Kim Basinger.
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Lead Music Nominees
- Is Nicki Minaj the Reason Drake Can't Fully Commit to Rihanna?
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Pretty Little Liars' and 'Vampire Diaries' Dominate TV Nominations
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates 2nd Wedding Anniversary With Kanye West in Italy
- Jason Derulo Splits From Girlfriend Daphne Joy
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'