Stephen Baldwin on Brother Alec: Everything's Fine
Stephen Baldwin has reassured fans of his brother Alec Baldwin, insisting the "30 Rock" star is feeling "great" after his early morning dash to hospital on Thursday. February 11.
Paramedics transported Alec Baldwin to a New York hospital after receiving a 911 call, believed to have been made by his 14-year-old daughter Ireland, from his Manhattan apartment. He was released after a brief check-up and his representative subsequently insisted the hospital visit had been one big "misunderstanding", amid rumors the actor had been intoxicated.
In a statement released on Thursday, Baldwin's spokesman, Matthew Hiltzik, said, "This was a misunderstanding on one person's part. Alec was quickly released from the hospital; he's completely fine and will be at work today." Hiltzik added that "absolutely no drugs or alcohol" were involved in the incident.
Now born-again Christian Stephen has spoken out to further dismiss fears for his older brother's health. Describing the hospital admission as a "miscommunication", he tells U.S. news show Extra, "He's great. Everything's fine... There was nothing weird, nothing stupid."
Ireland is Alec Baldwin's daughter with ex-wife Kim Basinger.
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Jason Statham Welcome Baby Boy. See His First Picture!
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting