Stephen Baldwin on Brother Alec: Everything's Fine
Stephen Baldwin has reassured fans of his brother Alec Baldwin, insisting the "30 Rock" star is feeling "great" after his early morning dash to hospital on Thursday. February 11.
Paramedics transported Alec Baldwin to a New York hospital after receiving a 911 call, believed to have been made by his 14-year-old daughter Ireland, from his Manhattan apartment. He was released after a brief check-up and his representative subsequently insisted the hospital visit had been one big "misunderstanding", amid rumors the actor had been intoxicated.
In a statement released on Thursday, Baldwin's spokesman, Matthew Hiltzik, said, "This was a misunderstanding on one person's part. Alec was quickly released from the hospital; he's completely fine and will be at work today." Hiltzik added that "absolutely no drugs or alcohol" were involved in the incident.
Now born-again Christian Stephen has spoken out to further dismiss fears for his older brother's health. Describing the hospital admission as a "miscommunication", he tells U.S. news show Extra, "He's great. Everything's fine... There was nothing weird, nothing stupid."
Ireland is Alec Baldwin's daughter with ex-wife Kim Basinger.
- Daniel Radcliffe Is 'Leaving Room' to Play 'Harry Potter' Again in the Future
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood