Stephen Baldwin on Brother Alec: Everything's Fine
Stephen Baldwin has reassured fans of his brother Alec Baldwin, insisting the "30 Rock" star is feeling "great" after his early morning dash to hospital on Thursday. February 11.
Paramedics transported Alec Baldwin to a New York hospital after receiving a 911 call, believed to have been made by his 14-year-old daughter Ireland, from his Manhattan apartment. He was released after a brief check-up and his representative subsequently insisted the hospital visit had been one big "misunderstanding", amid rumors the actor had been intoxicated.
In a statement released on Thursday, Baldwin's spokesman, Matthew Hiltzik, said, "This was a misunderstanding on one person's part. Alec was quickly released from the hospital; he's completely fine and will be at work today." Hiltzik added that "absolutely no drugs or alcohol" were involved in the incident.
Now born-again Christian Stephen has spoken out to further dismiss fears for his older brother's health. Describing the hospital admission as a "miscommunication", he tells U.S. news show Extra, "He's great. Everything's fine... There was nothing weird, nothing stupid."
Ireland is Alec Baldwin's daughter with ex-wife Kim Basinger.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen