Catherine Zeta-Jones Comes Under Fire From PETA for Being 'Serial Killer'
Catherine Zeta-Jones will face the wrath of animal rights activists on Saturday, February 13 when they gather outside her Broadway play "A Little Night Music" to protest her love of fur coats. The Welsh actress' controversial wardrobe choices and animal skin accessories have landed her atop a new Worst Dressed poll by officials for the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).
In a statement, PETA bosses say, "With her creepy cow-skin pants, ugly fox coat, and icky alligator bag, Catherine Zeta-Jones looks like she's working her way through Noah's ark with a knife. Maybe she's trying to get into character for an upcoming role as a serial killer - or a taxidermist."
And campaigners will make their opinions clear when they stage a protest outside the Walter Kerr Theatre in the heart of Manhattan, New York before Saturday's matinee performance, reports U.S. news show Access Hollywood.
But Zeta-Jones isn't the only star to come under fire for her unethical fashion picks - PETA activists claim Jennifer Lopez looks like "Jenny from the butcher block in her old-school corpse coats", while Aretha Franklin, Rihanna, Jessica Simpson and mother and daughter duo, Goldie Hawn and Kate Hudson, also earn mentions on the list.
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape
- Zayn and Gigi Hadid Get Lovey-Dovey in This Pic as His Mom Asks Him to Dump Her
- Mariah Carey Debuts New Song 'Infamous' for 'Empire' Series
- Keanu Reeves Walks Down Brooklyn Bridge With His New Dog in New 'John Wick 2' Pic
- Here's the Real Reason Rob Kardashian Tweeted Kylie Jenner's Number. Does She Deserve It?