Catherine Zeta-Jones Comes Under Fire From PETA for Being 'Serial Killer'
Catherine Zeta-Jones will face the wrath of animal rights activists on Saturday, February 13 when they gather outside her Broadway play "A Little Night Music" to protest her love of fur coats. The Welsh actress' controversial wardrobe choices and animal skin accessories have landed her atop a new Worst Dressed poll by officials for the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).
In a statement, PETA bosses say, "With her creepy cow-skin pants, ugly fox coat, and icky alligator bag, Catherine Zeta-Jones looks like she's working her way through Noah's ark with a knife. Maybe she's trying to get into character for an upcoming role as a serial killer - or a taxidermist."
And campaigners will make their opinions clear when they stage a protest outside the Walter Kerr Theatre in the heart of Manhattan, New York before Saturday's matinee performance, reports U.S. news show Access Hollywood.
But Zeta-Jones isn't the only star to come under fire for her unethical fashion picks - PETA activists claim Jennifer Lopez looks like "Jenny from the butcher block in her old-school corpse coats", while Aretha Franklin, Rihanna, Jessica Simpson and mother and daughter duo, Goldie Hawn and Kate Hudson, also earn mentions on the list.
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2