Brittany Murphy's Last Movie to Hit Theaters in Summer
The last film tragic actress Brittany Murphy made before her death is set for release in summer. The "Clueless" star passed away on December 20, 2009 after suffering a cardiac arrest at her Hollywood Hills home.
She finished shooting psychological thriller "Abandoned" in June 2009 with co-stars Dean Cain and Mimi Rogers - in which she plays a woman who receives a ransom demand after her boyfriend mysteriously disappears. Distribution company Anchor Bay Entertainment has now bought the rights to the film for a North American release, bringing Murphy back to the big screen months after her death.
A statement from producers Jeffrey Schenck and Barry Barnholtz reads, "Brittany will be deeply missed by everyone who worked on 'Abandoned'. The film is a taut thriller which portrays Brittany's character as smart and tough - and that's how we all want to remember her."
In early February, the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office ruled Murphy's death was accidental, and was caused by pneumonia, with contributing factors of anemia and "multiple drug intoxication".
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke