Brittany Murphy's Last Movie to Hit Theaters in Summer
The last film tragic actress Brittany Murphy made before her death is set for release in summer. The "Clueless" star passed away on December 20, 2009 after suffering a cardiac arrest at her Hollywood Hills home.
She finished shooting psychological thriller "Abandoned" in June 2009 with co-stars Dean Cain and Mimi Rogers - in which she plays a woman who receives a ransom demand after her boyfriend mysteriously disappears. Distribution company Anchor Bay Entertainment has now bought the rights to the film for a North American release, bringing Murphy back to the big screen months after her death.
A statement from producers Jeffrey Schenck and Barry Barnholtz reads, "Brittany will be deeply missed by everyone who worked on 'Abandoned'. The film is a taut thriller which portrays Brittany's character as smart and tough - and that's how we all want to remember her."
In early February, the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office ruled Murphy's death was accidental, and was caused by pneumonia, with contributing factors of anemia and "multiple drug intoxication".
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences