Brittany Murphy's Last Movie to Hit Theaters in Summer
The last film tragic actress Brittany Murphy made before her death is set for release in summer. The "Clueless" star passed away on December 20, 2009 after suffering a cardiac arrest at her Hollywood Hills home.
She finished shooting psychological thriller "Abandoned" in June 2009 with co-stars Dean Cain and Mimi Rogers - in which she plays a woman who receives a ransom demand after her boyfriend mysteriously disappears. Distribution company Anchor Bay Entertainment has now bought the rights to the film for a North American release, bringing Murphy back to the big screen months after her death.
A statement from producers Jeffrey Schenck and Barry Barnholtz reads, "Brittany will be deeply missed by everyone who worked on 'Abandoned'. The film is a taut thriller which portrays Brittany's character as smart and tough - and that's how we all want to remember her."
In early February, the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office ruled Murphy's death was accidental, and was caused by pneumonia, with contributing factors of anemia and "multiple drug intoxication".
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media