Brittany Murphy's Last Movie to Hit Theaters in Summer
The last film tragic actress Brittany Murphy made before her death is set for release in summer. The "Clueless" star passed away on December 20, 2009 after suffering a cardiac arrest at her Hollywood Hills home.
She finished shooting psychological thriller "Abandoned" in June 2009 with co-stars Dean Cain and Mimi Rogers - in which she plays a woman who receives a ransom demand after her boyfriend mysteriously disappears. Distribution company Anchor Bay Entertainment has now bought the rights to the film for a North American release, bringing Murphy back to the big screen months after her death.
A statement from producers Jeffrey Schenck and Barry Barnholtz reads, "Brittany will be deeply missed by everyone who worked on 'Abandoned'. The film is a taut thriller which portrays Brittany's character as smart and tough - and that's how we all want to remember her."
In early February, the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office ruled Murphy's death was accidental, and was caused by pneumonia, with contributing factors of anemia and "multiple drug intoxication".
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction