Brittany Murphy's Last Movie to Hit Theaters in Summer
The last film tragic actress Brittany Murphy made before her death is set for release in summer. The "Clueless" star passed away on December 20, 2009 after suffering a cardiac arrest at her Hollywood Hills home.
She finished shooting psychological thriller "Abandoned" in June 2009 with co-stars Dean Cain and Mimi Rogers - in which she plays a woman who receives a ransom demand after her boyfriend mysteriously disappears. Distribution company Anchor Bay Entertainment has now bought the rights to the film for a North American release, bringing Murphy back to the big screen months after her death.
A statement from producers Jeffrey Schenck and Barry Barnholtz reads, "Brittany will be deeply missed by everyone who worked on 'Abandoned'. The film is a taut thriller which portrays Brittany's character as smart and tough - and that's how we all want to remember her."
In early February, the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office ruled Murphy's death was accidental, and was caused by pneumonia, with contributing factors of anemia and "multiple drug intoxication".
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'