Lauren Conrad's Second Book Tops New York Times Bestseller List
Former "The Hills" star Lauren Conrad is fast becoming a literary legend - her second novel has landed atop the New York Times bestseller list. The reality TV star, who shot to fame as the MTV cameras followed her move from Laguna Beach, California to Los Angeles, released her first book, "L.A. Candy", in June 2009.
The novel surprised critics by scoring the number one spot in the Children's Chapter Books category of the newspaper's revered list. Conrad's follow-up, "Sweet Little Lies" - about a TV reality star in Hollywood - now looks set to match her previous success.
And Conrad is delighted, "It's so gratifying for my second book to be so successful and it was so fun to write! The characters were already developed so I really enjoyed the process so much more this time around. All the characters have become like my friends now."
Conrad's literary work has been snapped up by the producers behind the hit "Twilight" films, who bought the screen rights to the books after she won a three-year publishing deal.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'