Lauren Conrad's Second Book Tops New York Times Bestseller List
Former "The Hills" star Lauren Conrad is fast becoming a literary legend - her second novel has landed atop the New York Times bestseller list. The reality TV star, who shot to fame as the MTV cameras followed her move from Laguna Beach, California to Los Angeles, released her first book, "L.A. Candy", in June 2009.
The novel surprised critics by scoring the number one spot in the Children's Chapter Books category of the newspaper's revered list. Conrad's follow-up, "Sweet Little Lies" - about a TV reality star in Hollywood - now looks set to match her previous success.
And Conrad is delighted, "It's so gratifying for my second book to be so successful and it was so fun to write! The characters were already developed so I really enjoyed the process so much more this time around. All the characters have become like my friends now."
Conrad's literary work has been snapped up by the producers behind the hit "Twilight" films, who bought the screen rights to the books after she won a three-year publishing deal.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake