Lauren Conrad's Second Book Tops New York Times Bestseller List
Former "The Hills" star Lauren Conrad is fast becoming a literary legend - her second novel has landed atop the New York Times bestseller list. The reality TV star, who shot to fame as the MTV cameras followed her move from Laguna Beach, California to Los Angeles, released her first book, "L.A. Candy", in June 2009.
The novel surprised critics by scoring the number one spot in the Children's Chapter Books category of the newspaper's revered list. Conrad's follow-up, "Sweet Little Lies" - about a TV reality star in Hollywood - now looks set to match her previous success.
And Conrad is delighted, "It's so gratifying for my second book to be so successful and it was so fun to write! The characters were already developed so I really enjoyed the process so much more this time around. All the characters have become like my friends now."
Conrad's literary work has been snapped up by the producers behind the hit "Twilight" films, who bought the screen rights to the books after she won a three-year publishing deal.
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group
- Artist of the Week: DJ Snake
- Idris Elba Confirms He Is Done Filming His Part in 'The Dark Tower'
- Kylie Jenner Gets Banned From Entering Club Where Tyga Performs. Here's Why