Lauren Conrad's Second Book Tops New York Times Bestseller List
Former "The Hills" star Lauren Conrad is fast becoming a literary legend - her second novel has landed atop the New York Times bestseller list. The reality TV star, who shot to fame as the MTV cameras followed her move from Laguna Beach, California to Los Angeles, released her first book, "L.A. Candy", in June 2009.
The novel surprised critics by scoring the number one spot in the Children's Chapter Books category of the newspaper's revered list. Conrad's follow-up, "Sweet Little Lies" - about a TV reality star in Hollywood - now looks set to match her previous success.
And Conrad is delighted, "It's so gratifying for my second book to be so successful and it was so fun to write! The characters were already developed so I really enjoyed the process so much more this time around. All the characters have become like my friends now."
Conrad's literary work has been snapped up by the producers behind the hit "Twilight" films, who bought the screen rights to the books after she won a three-year publishing deal.
More Lauren Conrad News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3