Lauren Conrad's Second Book Tops New York Times Bestseller List
Former "The Hills" star Lauren Conrad is fast becoming a literary legend - her second novel has landed atop the New York Times bestseller list. The reality TV star, who shot to fame as the MTV cameras followed her move from Laguna Beach, California to Los Angeles, released her first book, "L.A. Candy", in June 2009.
The novel surprised critics by scoring the number one spot in the Children's Chapter Books category of the newspaper's revered list. Conrad's follow-up, "Sweet Little Lies" - about a TV reality star in Hollywood - now looks set to match her previous success.
And Conrad is delighted, "It's so gratifying for my second book to be so successful and it was so fun to write! The characters were already developed so I really enjoyed the process so much more this time around. All the characters have become like my friends now."
Conrad's literary work has been snapped up by the producers behind the hit "Twilight" films, who bought the screen rights to the books after she won a three-year publishing deal.
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child