Harrison Ford Flies Private Jet for Haiti Relief Support
Harrison Ford has become the latest celebrity to fly a private jet to Haiti in a mercy mission to help survivors of the January earthquake. The "Star Wars" actor flew his Cessna 208 Caravan aircraft to the Caribbean country last weekend in support of Operation Smile, a charity medical service organization.
Ford transported 20 volunteers, including surgeons, an anesthetist and nurses, as well as medical supplies to the nation, which was hit by the devastating tremor on January 12. He says, "This is not about me, it is just about doing what I can to help Operation Smile and the people of Haiti."
Ford is not the only celebrity to lend his plane to the relief effort - John Travolta flew a jet on two mercy missions to Haiti in January and rapper Ludacris let a pilot use his private plane to deliver medical supplies to the country.
More Harrison Ford News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns