Harrison Ford Flies Private Jet for Haiti Relief Support
Harrison Ford has become the latest celebrity to fly a private jet to Haiti in a mercy mission to help survivors of the January earthquake. The "Star Wars" actor flew his Cessna 208 Caravan aircraft to the Caribbean country last weekend in support of Operation Smile, a charity medical service organization.
Ford transported 20 volunteers, including surgeons, an anesthetist and nurses, as well as medical supplies to the nation, which was hit by the devastating tremor on January 12. He says, "This is not about me, it is just about doing what I can to help Operation Smile and the people of Haiti."
Ford is not the only celebrity to lend his plane to the relief effort - John Travolta flew a jet on two mercy missions to Haiti in January and rapper Ludacris let a pilot use his private plane to deliver medical supplies to the country.
More Harrison Ford News
- Katy Perry Calls on Taylor Swift to End Longtime Feud: 'It's Time for Her to Finish It'
- 'In Hysterics,' Ariana Grande Suspends World Tour After Terrorist Bombing at Manchester Gig
- Blake Lively Nearly Spills Out of Her Stunning Neon Gown at the Ballet
- Ariana Grande Is 'Broken' After Deadly Explosion at Manchester Concert
- Major Lazer Previews Travis Scott, Quavo and Camila Cabello Collaboration During Alabama Show
- Kourtney Kardashian Never Gets Serious With Younes Bendjima as He's Just Her Fling
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 13 Premiere: The Crazy One, the Creepy One and the First Kiss
- Is Brandy Pregnant With New BF Sir the Baptist's Child?