Harrison Ford Flies Private Jet for Haiti Relief Support
Harrison Ford has become the latest celebrity to fly a private jet to Haiti in a mercy mission to help survivors of the January earthquake. The "Star Wars" actor flew his Cessna 208 Caravan aircraft to the Caribbean country last weekend in support of Operation Smile, a charity medical service organization.
Ford transported 20 volunteers, including surgeons, an anesthetist and nurses, as well as medical supplies to the nation, which was hit by the devastating tremor on January 12. He says, "This is not about me, it is just about doing what I can to help Operation Smile and the people of Haiti."
Ford is not the only celebrity to lend his plane to the relief effort - John Travolta flew a jet on two mercy missions to Haiti in January and rapper Ludacris let a pilot use his private plane to deliver medical supplies to the country.
More Harrison Ford News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie