Harrison Ford Flies Private Jet for Haiti Relief Support
Harrison Ford has become the latest celebrity to fly a private jet to Haiti in a mercy mission to help survivors of the January earthquake. The "Star Wars" actor flew his Cessna 208 Caravan aircraft to the Caribbean country last weekend in support of Operation Smile, a charity medical service organization.
Ford transported 20 volunteers, including surgeons, an anesthetist and nurses, as well as medical supplies to the nation, which was hit by the devastating tremor on January 12. He says, "This is not about me, it is just about doing what I can to help Operation Smile and the people of Haiti."
Ford is not the only celebrity to lend his plane to the relief effort - John Travolta flew a jet on two mercy missions to Haiti in January and rapper Ludacris let a pilot use his private plane to deliver medical supplies to the country.
More Harrison Ford News
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed