Harrison Ford Flies Private Jet for Haiti Relief Support
Harrison Ford has become the latest celebrity to fly a private jet to Haiti in a mercy mission to help survivors of the January earthquake. The "Star Wars" actor flew his Cessna 208 Caravan aircraft to the Caribbean country last weekend in support of Operation Smile, a charity medical service organization.
Ford transported 20 volunteers, including surgeons, an anesthetist and nurses, as well as medical supplies to the nation, which was hit by the devastating tremor on January 12. He says, "This is not about me, it is just about doing what I can to help Operation Smile and the people of Haiti."
Ford is not the only celebrity to lend his plane to the relief effort - John Travolta flew a jet on two mercy missions to Haiti in January and rapper Ludacris let a pilot use his private plane to deliver medical supplies to the country.
More Harrison Ford News
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years
- Rihanna Asks for Help to Find Her Missing Backup Dancer Shirlene Quigley
- Report: Britney Spears Is Filming 'Slumber Party' Music Video
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack