Etta James' Health Gets Better After Changing Hospital
Ailing R&B legend Etta James is making progress in her health battle - she has been transferred to a new hospital in Southern California. The 72-year-old singer was admitted to the Riverside Community Hospital in January after contracting sepsis, caused by a urinary tract infection.
Her condition worsened in early February, prompting her son Donto James to reveal his mother had also been secretly battling Alzheimer's Disease for more than a year and had recently been treated for a dependency on painkillers and over-the-counter medication. The worried musician said, "I am going to end up losing my mother if it keeps going on like this. There has to be another doctor out there who can tell me what is going on with my mother."
But the "At Last" icon's health is improving and she was moved to a medical center in the Hawaiian Gardens area of Los Angeles on Tuesday, February 9, where she will receive further treatment, her son has confirmed.
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier