Etta James' Health Gets Better After Changing Hospital
Ailing R&B legend Etta James is making progress in her health battle - she has been transferred to a new hospital in Southern California. The 72-year-old singer was admitted to the Riverside Community Hospital in January after contracting sepsis, caused by a urinary tract infection.
Her condition worsened in early February, prompting her son Donto James to reveal his mother had also been secretly battling Alzheimer's Disease for more than a year and had recently been treated for a dependency on painkillers and over-the-counter medication. The worried musician said, "I am going to end up losing my mother if it keeps going on like this. There has to be another doctor out there who can tell me what is going on with my mother."
But the "At Last" icon's health is improving and she was moved to a medical center in the Hawaiian Gardens area of Los Angeles on Tuesday, February 9, where she will receive further treatment, her son has confirmed.
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'