Etta James' Health Gets Better After Changing Hospital
Ailing R&B legend Etta James is making progress in her health battle - she has been transferred to a new hospital in Southern California. The 72-year-old singer was admitted to the Riverside Community Hospital in January after contracting sepsis, caused by a urinary tract infection.
Her condition worsened in early February, prompting her son Donto James to reveal his mother had also been secretly battling Alzheimer's Disease for more than a year and had recently been treated for a dependency on painkillers and over-the-counter medication. The worried musician said, "I am going to end up losing my mother if it keeps going on like this. There has to be another doctor out there who can tell me what is going on with my mother."
But the "At Last" icon's health is improving and she was moved to a medical center in the Hawaiian Gardens area of Los Angeles on Tuesday, February 9, where she will receive further treatment, her son has confirmed.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3