Etta James' Health Gets Better After Changing Hospital
Ailing R&B legend Etta James is making progress in her health battle - she has been transferred to a new hospital in Southern California. The 72-year-old singer was admitted to the Riverside Community Hospital in January after contracting sepsis, caused by a urinary tract infection.
Her condition worsened in early February, prompting her son Donto James to reveal his mother had also been secretly battling Alzheimer's Disease for more than a year and had recently been treated for a dependency on painkillers and over-the-counter medication. The worried musician said, "I am going to end up losing my mother if it keeps going on like this. There has to be another doctor out there who can tell me what is going on with my mother."
But the "At Last" icon's health is improving and she was moved to a medical center in the Hawaiian Gardens area of Los Angeles on Tuesday, February 9, where she will receive further treatment, her son has confirmed.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture