Etta James' Health Gets Better After Changing Hospital
Ailing R&B legend Etta James is making progress in her health battle - she has been transferred to a new hospital in Southern California. The 72-year-old singer was admitted to the Riverside Community Hospital in January after contracting sepsis, caused by a urinary tract infection.
Her condition worsened in early February, prompting her son Donto James to reveal his mother had also been secretly battling Alzheimer's Disease for more than a year and had recently been treated for a dependency on painkillers and over-the-counter medication. The worried musician said, "I am going to end up losing my mother if it keeps going on like this. There has to be another doctor out there who can tell me what is going on with my mother."
But the "At Last" icon's health is improving and she was moved to a medical center in the Hawaiian Gardens area of Los Angeles on Tuesday, February 9, where she will receive further treatment, her son has confirmed.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby