Ke$ha Scores Record as Her 'Tik Tok' Tops Hot 100 for Eight Weeks in Row
Party-loving pop star Ke$ha can add U.S. chart record holder to her resume after landing an eighth week at the top of the Billboard Hot 100. Her run at number one with "TiK ToK" marks the first time a female artist has held the top spot for eight weeks since Debby Boone hit the heights of the chart with "You Light Up My Life" in 1977.
Boone went on to spend 10 weeks on top. The Black Eyed Peas, who broke records with their 26-week run atop the charts in 2009, are back in the top three as "Imma Be" jumps from four to two, and Lady Antebellum become the first country group since Lonestar in 2000 to crack the Hot 100 top three at three with "Need You Now".
Pink scores the chart's highest debut at 18 thanks in part to her breathtaking performance of "Glitter in the Air" in the Air at the Grammy Awards on January 31. The singer sang the song while spinning high above the audience on a trapeze at the ceremony.
More Ke$ha News
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift