Ke$ha Scores Record as Her 'Tik Tok' Tops Hot 100 for Eight Weeks in Row
Party-loving pop star Ke$ha can add U.S. chart record holder to her resume after landing an eighth week at the top of the Billboard Hot 100. Her run at number one with "TiK ToK" marks the first time a female artist has held the top spot for eight weeks since Debby Boone hit the heights of the chart with "You Light Up My Life" in 1977.
Boone went on to spend 10 weeks on top. The Black Eyed Peas, who broke records with their 26-week run atop the charts in 2009, are back in the top three as "Imma Be" jumps from four to two, and Lady Antebellum become the first country group since Lonestar in 2000 to crack the Hot 100 top three at three with "Need You Now".
Pink scores the chart's highest debut at 18 thanks in part to her breathtaking performance of "Glitter in the Air" in the Air at the Grammy Awards on January 31. The singer sang the song while spinning high above the audience on a trapeze at the ceremony.
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly