Ke$ha Scores Record as Her 'Tik Tok' Tops Hot 100 for Eight Weeks in Row
Party-loving pop star Ke$ha can add U.S. chart record holder to her resume after landing an eighth week at the top of the Billboard Hot 100. Her run at number one with "TiK ToK" marks the first time a female artist has held the top spot for eight weeks since Debby Boone hit the heights of the chart with "You Light Up My Life" in 1977.
Boone went on to spend 10 weeks on top. The Black Eyed Peas, who broke records with their 26-week run atop the charts in 2009, are back in the top three as "Imma Be" jumps from four to two, and Lady Antebellum become the first country group since Lonestar in 2000 to crack the Hot 100 top three at three with "Need You Now".
Pink scores the chart's highest debut at 18 thanks in part to her breathtaking performance of "Glitter in the Air" in the Air at the Grammy Awards on January 31. The singer sang the song while spinning high above the audience on a trapeze at the ceremony.
More Ke$ha News
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage