Ke$ha Scores Record as Her 'Tik Tok' Tops Hot 100 for Eight Weeks in Row
Party-loving pop star Ke$ha can add U.S. chart record holder to her resume after landing an eighth week at the top of the Billboard Hot 100. Her run at number one with "TiK ToK" marks the first time a female artist has held the top spot for eight weeks since Debby Boone hit the heights of the chart with "You Light Up My Life" in 1977.
Boone went on to spend 10 weeks on top. The Black Eyed Peas, who broke records with their 26-week run atop the charts in 2009, are back in the top three as "Imma Be" jumps from four to two, and Lady Antebellum become the first country group since Lonestar in 2000 to crack the Hot 100 top three at three with "Need You Now".
Pink scores the chart's highest debut at 18 thanks in part to her breathtaking performance of "Glitter in the Air" in the Air at the Grammy Awards on January 31. The singer sang the song while spinning high above the audience on a trapeze at the ceremony.
More Ke$ha News
- New 'Doctor Who' Season 10 Trailer Features New Companion
- Oscars 2017 Winner List: Emma Stone Wins Best Actress, 'Moonlight' Is Best Picture
- Nicki Minaj and Trey Songz Involved in Twitter Feud After Remy Ma's Diss Track
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Wins Big, Casey Affleck Is Best Actor
- Remy Ma Calls Out Nicki Minaj on New Diss Track 'ShETHER'
- Beast Is Kicked Out of Castle by Gaston in 'Beauty and the Beast' Academy Awards TV Spot
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'
- Oscars 2017: 'Zootopia' Is Best Animated Feature, 'Hacksaw Ridge' Already Wins Two