New York Dolls' Steve Conte Is Rock Guru for 'It's Kind of a Funny Story' Cast
New York Dolls' star Steve Conte has been drafted in to make Zack Galifianakis and Emma Roberts look like rock stars in new movie "It's Kind of a Funny Story". The guitarist has been hired as a rock 'n' roll consultant on the Brooklyn, New York set of the film - to give the project's leads an edge.
He tells WENN, "I got a call to be a rock 'n' roll guru for the cast of this movie... There's one scene in the movie where they're in a mental hospital and there's a fantasy scene where they all fantasize about being onstage and being in this rock band and playing 'Under Pressure' by Queen and David Bowie."
"Zach's the piano player, Emma was one of the guitar players and Jeremy Davies, from 'Lost', was one of the background singers. The costumes were made by the same guy who made Britney Spears' costumes, so there was 19-year-old Emma Roberts looking incredible."
"My job was to give them pointers. None of these guys really played, although Emma sort of strums guitar. I sent through some YouTube videos of guitar players' performances to check out, like early The Who; Pete Townshend doing windmills - so they could see how guys move around and jump around on stage."
"I coached them and staged them. They had some pyro, some explosions in the scene. It's gonna look amazing. The actors looked really good and I'm pretty proud of it."
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip
- Katie Holmes Looks Gloomy Amid Rumor She Gets 'Dumped' by Jamie Foxx
- New 'Game of Thrones' Set Video Captures the Monumental Meeting
- Jay-Z to Host Clinton Concert Aimed at Young Black Voters in Ohio
- Here's the First Look at Cate Blanchett and Sandra Bullock on 'Ocean's Eight' Set
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years