New York Dolls' Steve Conte Is Rock Guru for 'It's Kind of a Funny Story' Cast
New York Dolls' star Steve Conte has been drafted in to make Zack Galifianakis and Emma Roberts look like rock stars in new movie "It's Kind of a Funny Story". The guitarist has been hired as a rock 'n' roll consultant on the Brooklyn, New York set of the film - to give the project's leads an edge.
He tells WENN, "I got a call to be a rock 'n' roll guru for the cast of this movie... There's one scene in the movie where they're in a mental hospital and there's a fantasy scene where they all fantasize about being onstage and being in this rock band and playing 'Under Pressure' by Queen and David Bowie."
"Zach's the piano player, Emma was one of the guitar players and Jeremy Davies, from 'Lost', was one of the background singers. The costumes were made by the same guy who made Britney Spears' costumes, so there was 19-year-old Emma Roberts looking incredible."
"My job was to give them pointers. None of these guys really played, although Emma sort of strums guitar. I sent through some YouTube videos of guitar players' performances to check out, like early The Who; Pete Townshend doing windmills - so they could see how guys move around and jump around on stage."
"I coached them and staged them. They had some pyro, some explosions in the scene. It's gonna look amazing. The actors looked really good and I'm pretty proud of it."
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special