Kate Moss 'Devastated' by Designer Alexander McQueen's Death
Supermodel Kate Moss has been left devastated following the sudden death of her close friend, British fashion designer Alexander McQueen. The 40-year-old fashion icon, real name Lee McQueen, was found dead at his London home on Thursday, February 11 following an apparent suicide, and Moss has spoken out to express her grief.
A statement released by her representatives reads, "Kate is shocked and devastated at the tragic loss of her dear friend Lee McQueen. Her thoughts are with his family at this sad time." Tributes from celebrity fans and the fashion elite flooded Twitter.com on Thursday as stars including Kelly Osbourne, Kim Kardashian, Kirstie Alley, Jenna Elfman, Joel Madden, Russell Simmons, Katy Perry and Donatella Versace took to the social networking blog to pay tribute to McQueen.
Versace wrote, "Alexander McQueen was unique. His imagination had no limits, he had an amazing personality and his creativity was genius."
More Kate Moss News
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie