Benicio Del Toro to Leave Acting for Directing
Benicio Del Toro hopes to put his acting career on hold in the future - because he's determined to step behind the camera to direct. The Puerto Rican star has already expanded his resume with a string of producer credits, including historical epic Che and upcoming horror blockbuster "The Wolfman".
And he hopes he will eventually be able to spend more time behind the scenes. He tells British magazine Shortlist, "I know much more about movies and acting than when I was 20. I do want to explore other things in the film world, (like) telling people what to do. I usually get told what to do. I'd like to try to direct something, to tell a story. And I'd like to produce some more."
And he hopes to pick up tips from legendary director Martin Scorsese when they begin shooting upcoming movie "Silence" in late 2010. Del Toro adds, "That's definitely something that I'm really looking forward to. Every time I talk to him, it's like the same as meeting with ("Star Wars" character) Yoda."
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic
- Move Out Rihanna! Drake Wakes Up Next to 'the Most Beautiful Woman' After His Birthday Party
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake