Benicio Del Toro to Leave Acting for Directing
Benicio Del Toro hopes to put his acting career on hold in the future - because he's determined to step behind the camera to direct. The Puerto Rican star has already expanded his resume with a string of producer credits, including historical epic Che and upcoming horror blockbuster "The Wolfman".
And he hopes he will eventually be able to spend more time behind the scenes. He tells British magazine Shortlist, "I know much more about movies and acting than when I was 20. I do want to explore other things in the film world, (like) telling people what to do. I usually get told what to do. I'd like to try to direct something, to tell a story. And I'd like to produce some more."
And he hopes to pick up tips from legendary director Martin Scorsese when they begin shooting upcoming movie "Silence" in late 2010. Del Toro adds, "That's definitely something that I'm really looking forward to. Every time I talk to him, it's like the same as meeting with ("Star Wars" character) Yoda."
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7