Benicio Del Toro to Leave Acting for Directing
Benicio Del Toro hopes to put his acting career on hold in the future - because he's determined to step behind the camera to direct. The Puerto Rican star has already expanded his resume with a string of producer credits, including historical epic Che and upcoming horror blockbuster "The Wolfman".
And he hopes he will eventually be able to spend more time behind the scenes. He tells British magazine Shortlist, "I know much more about movies and acting than when I was 20. I do want to explore other things in the film world, (like) telling people what to do. I usually get told what to do. I'd like to try to direct something, to tell a story. And I'd like to produce some more."
And he hopes to pick up tips from legendary director Martin Scorsese when they begin shooting upcoming movie "Silence" in late 2010. Del Toro adds, "That's definitely something that I'm really looking forward to. Every time I talk to him, it's like the same as meeting with ("Star Wars" character) Yoda."
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones
- Mariah Carey Threw James Packer's Laptop Out the Window After He Played a Beyonce Song
- Ariana Grande Is Sued Over 'One Last Time', Previews New Music Video Ft. Nicki Minaj
- New Set Pics Hint at 'Transformers: The Last Knight' 's Connection With Arthurian Mythology
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani, Ariana Grande and More Featured in 'Trolls' Soundtrack Album
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves