Benicio Del Toro to Leave Acting for Directing
Benicio Del Toro hopes to put his acting career on hold in the future - because he's determined to step behind the camera to direct. The Puerto Rican star has already expanded his resume with a string of producer credits, including historical epic Che and upcoming horror blockbuster "The Wolfman".
And he hopes he will eventually be able to spend more time behind the scenes. He tells British magazine Shortlist, "I know much more about movies and acting than when I was 20. I do want to explore other things in the film world, (like) telling people what to do. I usually get told what to do. I'd like to try to direct something, to tell a story. And I'd like to produce some more."
And he hopes to pick up tips from legendary director Martin Scorsese when they begin shooting upcoming movie "Silence" in late 2010. Del Toro adds, "That's definitely something that I'm really looking forward to. Every time I talk to him, it's like the same as meeting with ("Star Wars" character) Yoda."
More Benicio Del Toro News
- Officially Back On? Kylie Jenner Tags Tyga on Her Booty In This Instagram Photo
- Nicolas Cage and Alice Kim Separate After 11 Years of Marriage
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?