Benicio Del Toro to Leave Acting for Directing
Benicio Del Toro hopes to put his acting career on hold in the future - because he's determined to step behind the camera to direct. The Puerto Rican star has already expanded his resume with a string of producer credits, including historical epic Che and upcoming horror blockbuster "The Wolfman".
And he hopes he will eventually be able to spend more time behind the scenes. He tells British magazine Shortlist, "I know much more about movies and acting than when I was 20. I do want to explore other things in the film world, (like) telling people what to do. I usually get told what to do. I'd like to try to direct something, to tell a story. And I'd like to produce some more."
And he hopes to pick up tips from legendary director Martin Scorsese when they begin shooting upcoming movie "Silence" in late 2010. Del Toro adds, "That's definitely something that I'm really looking forward to. Every time I talk to him, it's like the same as meeting with ("Star Wars" character) Yoda."
More Benicio Del Toro News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'