Jah Wobble Doesn't Care About Snubbing Public Image Ltd.'s Reunion
Original Public Image Ltd. bassist Jah Wobble turned down the chance to rejoin his bandmates on tour because he's convinced Sex Pistols singer John Lydon only reformed the group to make "money." Lydon created the group in 1978 after the Sex Pistols split, but the band has been on hiatus since 1992.
The star announced in 2009 he would be resurrecting the group for a series of dates in December that year and several music festivals throughout 2010, but Wobble refused to reprise his role in PiL. He says, "I was asked last July and I definitely did think about it and talk about it to an extent, but it just wasn't the right move for me. It just wasn't the way I would do it. I don't care, I think it's great and I'm not bothered at all."
"I suspect with John it's about two things - raising money efficiently and quickly and reactivating the PiL brand as his vehicle. That's just business."
And Wobble admits he was put off the idea of a reunion when he found out the band would be selling gig tickets for more than $62. He adds, "I wouldn't make the ticket price that high. That's when I thought this is primarily a money thing. I wasn't just going to go along with any old thing even when I was a teenager, so I ain't go along with him now."
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video