JLS' Singer Became a Target of Thugs
JLS star Oritse Williams was left fearing for his life after coming face-to-face with a gang who threatened to mug him. Williams, who found fame with the British boyband on TV talent contest "The X Factor" in 2008, was targeted by a group of thugs while shopping at Christmas 2009 - and he's convinced he would have been attacked if he hadn't confronted them first.
He says, "It was quite unsettling. I was in (electronics store) Currys. I could tell a gang of guys was watching. Outside, they started muttering behind saying, 'Just grab him, mug him!' and daring each other on."
"I was on my own and thought, 'I have to do something.' So I charged up to them looking fierce and they looked a bit shocked. They stepped up and I ran away. I was shaking." The 21 year old has been studying martial arts for years - but reveals he's no longer allowed to practice self-defense.
He adds, "I like to think I can take care of myself. But management told me I can't practice martial arts now because I might damage my face. A black eye wouldn't look good."
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves
- Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston Bring Thor and Loki to Children Hospital in Australia
- Kendall Jenner Flaunts Her Booty in Unpublished Vogue Pic
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.10 Preview: The Kidnapper Gets Attacked
- Iggy Azalea Hits Recording Studio With Verse Simmonds
- See Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel Goof Around With Hillary Clinton at L.A. Fundraiser
- Lionsgate Bringing 'The Monolith' Comic Book to Big Screen
- Teresa Giudice Under Fire for Posting Inappropriate Bikini Pics of Her Underage Daughters