JLS' Singer Became a Target of Thugs
JLS star Oritse Williams was left fearing for his life after coming face-to-face with a gang who threatened to mug him. Williams, who found fame with the British boyband on TV talent contest "The X Factor" in 2008, was targeted by a group of thugs while shopping at Christmas 2009 - and he's convinced he would have been attacked if he hadn't confronted them first.
He says, "It was quite unsettling. I was in (electronics store) Currys. I could tell a gang of guys was watching. Outside, they started muttering behind saying, 'Just grab him, mug him!' and daring each other on."
"I was on my own and thought, 'I have to do something.' So I charged up to them looking fierce and they looked a bit shocked. They stepped up and I ran away. I was shaking." The 21 year old has been studying martial arts for years - but reveals he's no longer allowed to practice self-defense.
He adds, "I like to think I can take care of myself. But management told me I can't practice martial arts now because I might damage my face. A black eye wouldn't look good."
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media