JLS' Singer Became a Target of Thugs
JLS star Oritse Williams was left fearing for his life after coming face-to-face with a gang who threatened to mug him. Williams, who found fame with the British boyband on TV talent contest "The X Factor" in 2008, was targeted by a group of thugs while shopping at Christmas 2009 - and he's convinced he would have been attacked if he hadn't confronted them first.
He says, "It was quite unsettling. I was in (electronics store) Currys. I could tell a gang of guys was watching. Outside, they started muttering behind saying, 'Just grab him, mug him!' and daring each other on."
"I was on my own and thought, 'I have to do something.' So I charged up to them looking fierce and they looked a bit shocked. They stepped up and I ran away. I was shaking." The 21 year old has been studying martial arts for years - but reveals he's no longer allowed to practice self-defense.
He adds, "I like to think I can take care of myself. But management told me I can't practice martial arts now because I might damage my face. A black eye wouldn't look good."
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered