JLS' Singer Became a Target of Thugs
JLS star Oritse Williams was left fearing for his life after coming face-to-face with a gang who threatened to mug him. Williams, who found fame with the British boyband on TV talent contest "The X Factor" in 2008, was targeted by a group of thugs while shopping at Christmas 2009 - and he's convinced he would have been attacked if he hadn't confronted them first.
He says, "It was quite unsettling. I was in (electronics store) Currys. I could tell a gang of guys was watching. Outside, they started muttering behind saying, 'Just grab him, mug him!' and daring each other on."
"I was on my own and thought, 'I have to do something.' So I charged up to them looking fierce and they looked a bit shocked. They stepped up and I ran away. I was shaking." The 21 year old has been studying martial arts for years - but reveals he's no longer allowed to practice self-defense.
He adds, "I like to think I can take care of myself. But management told me I can't practice martial arts now because I might damage my face. A black eye wouldn't look good."
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!
- Brad Pitt Finally Meets Son Maddox Since Plane Fight
- Uh-Oh! Blac Chyna Is Pissed Tyga and Kylie Jenner Stole Her Idea for King Cairo's Birthday Party
- Kim Kardashian's 'Not Doing Great' as She Reportedly Builds Panic Room After Paris Robbery
- Playboy Model Katie May Died Due to Fatal Injury Caused by Chiropractor, Coroner Confirms