JLS' Singer Became a Target of Thugs
JLS star Oritse Williams was left fearing for his life after coming face-to-face with a gang who threatened to mug him. Williams, who found fame with the British boyband on TV talent contest "The X Factor" in 2008, was targeted by a group of thugs while shopping at Christmas 2009 - and he's convinced he would have been attacked if he hadn't confronted them first.
He says, "It was quite unsettling. I was in (electronics store) Currys. I could tell a gang of guys was watching. Outside, they started muttering behind saying, 'Just grab him, mug him!' and daring each other on."
"I was on my own and thought, 'I have to do something.' So I charged up to them looking fierce and they looked a bit shocked. They stepped up and I ran away. I was shaking." The 21 year old has been studying martial arts for years - but reveals he's no longer allowed to practice self-defense.
He adds, "I like to think I can take care of myself. But management told me I can't practice martial arts now because I might damage my face. A black eye wouldn't look good."
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'