Liv Tyler and Viggo Mortensen Are Highest Earning Couple
Liv Tyler and Viggo Mortensen have topped a new list of Hollywood's highest earning on-screen couples thanks to their "Lord of the Rings" romance. The pair's Middle Earth lovers, Aragorn and Arwen, helped director Peter Jackson rake in $2.9 billion at the worldwide box office - making them the top-earning Hollywood couple, according to a new Forbes magazine list of duos who have appeared in at least two films together in the last 20 years.
Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst's onscreen chemistry in the "Spider-Man" franchise pulled in $2.5 billion, while Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet's doomed relationships in 1997 "Titanic" and "Revolutionary Road" in 2008 earned a combined $1.9 billion.
Meanwhile, Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox's adventurous affair in the two "Transformers" blockbusters took in $1.5 billion. But Forbes editors predict the fourth place entry - "Twilight" lovers Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart - will have the most bite when the vampire franchise is completed.
Pattinson and Stewart's passionate relationship in the first two installments of the franchise has already grossed $1.1 - and two "Twilight" follow-ups have yet to hit cinemas. George Clooney and Julia Roberts' flirtatious pairing in "Ocean's Eleven" and "Ocean's Twelve" rounds out the top five couples with $847 million. Sam Worthington's romance with Zoe Saldana in the world's biggest-grossing film of all time, "Avatar", was ineligible for the list because the duo has only starred in one film together.
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake