Celine Dion Signs Las Vegas Multi-Million Dollar Deal Again
Celine Dion has signed a multi-million dollar deal to return to Las Vegas - the singer will begin a new three-year residency in 2011. The "My Heart Will Go On" hitmaker previously performed in Sin City between 2003 and 2007, with her "A New Day..." show playing to more than three million fans and grossing more than $400 million.
Dion wrapped up the concerts at the end of 2007 before embarking on her "Taking Chances World Tour" which finished in 2009. She's now confirmed she will be heading back to Las Vegas to launch her new performance at the Caesars Palace theater, which was originally built for her "A New Day..." shows.
The three-year contract will see Dion perform 70 shows a year and will kick off on March 15, 2011. Dion's husband Rene Angelil, says, "We're very happy to return to the Las Vegas stage. The schedule will be human for Celine, to avoid tiring her out. This second show in Las Vegas will be as amazing as the first adventure, with 'A New Day...'."
The news of Dion's return to Las Vegas comes just a day after superstar Barbra Streisand reportedly turned down a massive $100 million offer to take up a Sin City residency.
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes