John Mayer Feels Bad Jennifer Aniston Linked to His 'Heartbreak Warfare'
Rocker John Mayer has dismissed reports new song "Heartbreak Warfare" is all about his ex-girlfriend, Jennifer Aniston, but confesses much of his new album contains reference to his romance with the actress. Mayer admits he wrote many tracks for his new album "Battle Studies" while he was dating the former "Friends" star in 2009 and some romance truths made it into the lyrics of his songs.
Aniston even vetted some of the tracks and would ask the singer/songwriter, "That's not about me, is it?" Mayer says, "There's a level of honesty in that record that probably made her uncomfortable, but I couldn't let that change the way I wrote songs."
But there's one song that has been linked to Aniston, which Mayer insists has no connection to his ex. He tells Playboy magazine, "I feel bad because people think 'Heartbreak Warfare' is about her. I wanna go on record saying it's not. That woman would never use heartbreak warfare. That woman was the most communicative, sweetest, kindest person."
And Mayer hopes that fans and critics alike aren't scrutinizing his latest release for references to Aniston, "When people hear the record, I hope the songs make them think about their lives, not my life. When you listen to Coldplay, do you think about (singer Chris Martin's wife) Gwyneth Paltrow? I don't write songs in order to stick it to (upset) my exes."
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2