Steven Tyler Is Certain Led Zeppelin Don't Need Singer Like Him
Steven Tyler has confirmed he tried out as Robert Plant's replacement in Led Zeppelin - and he'll never forget the experience. Aerosmith bandmate Joe Perry recently revealed Tyler secretly auditioned for the supergroup - but rehearsals were "shambolic" because the singer wasn't familiar with Led Zep's catalog and was under the impression the classic rockers were recording new material.
But Tyler insists the rehearsals were a great experience, "The kid in me was dying. I got to sing every song from 'Black Dog' up and down and I'll never forget it as long as I live."
He tells VH1, "I don't think a band like theirs needs a singer like me. They already had the best; they were the best."
Steven Tyler is currently taking hiatus from his band Aerosmith to focus on battling his painkiller addiction. In late January, he reportedly has completed 30 days of "intensive sobriety treatment" in a California rehabilitation clinic.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics