Steven Tyler Is Certain Led Zeppelin Don't Need Singer Like Him
Steven Tyler has confirmed he tried out as Robert Plant's replacement in Led Zeppelin - and he'll never forget the experience. Aerosmith bandmate Joe Perry recently revealed Tyler secretly auditioned for the supergroup - but rehearsals were "shambolic" because the singer wasn't familiar with Led Zep's catalog and was under the impression the classic rockers were recording new material.
But Tyler insists the rehearsals were a great experience, "The kid in me was dying. I got to sing every song from 'Black Dog' up and down and I'll never forget it as long as I live."
He tells VH1, "I don't think a band like theirs needs a singer like me. They already had the best; they were the best."
Steven Tyler is currently taking hiatus from his band Aerosmith to focus on battling his painkiller addiction. In late January, he reportedly has completed 30 days of "intensive sobriety treatment" in a California rehabilitation clinic.
More Led Zeppelin News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says