Steven Tyler Is Certain Led Zeppelin Don't Need Singer Like Him
Steven Tyler has confirmed he tried out as Robert Plant's replacement in Led Zeppelin - and he'll never forget the experience. Aerosmith bandmate Joe Perry recently revealed Tyler secretly auditioned for the supergroup - but rehearsals were "shambolic" because the singer wasn't familiar with Led Zep's catalog and was under the impression the classic rockers were recording new material.
But Tyler insists the rehearsals were a great experience, "The kid in me was dying. I got to sing every song from 'Black Dog' up and down and I'll never forget it as long as I live."
He tells VH1, "I don't think a band like theirs needs a singer like me. They already had the best; they were the best."
Steven Tyler is currently taking hiatus from his band Aerosmith to focus on battling his painkiller addiction. In late January, he reportedly has completed 30 days of "intensive sobriety treatment" in a California rehabilitation clinic.
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory