Steven Tyler Is Certain Led Zeppelin Don't Need Singer Like Him
Steven Tyler has confirmed he tried out as Robert Plant's replacement in Led Zeppelin - and he'll never forget the experience. Aerosmith bandmate Joe Perry recently revealed Tyler secretly auditioned for the supergroup - but rehearsals were "shambolic" because the singer wasn't familiar with Led Zep's catalog and was under the impression the classic rockers were recording new material.
But Tyler insists the rehearsals were a great experience, "The kid in me was dying. I got to sing every song from 'Black Dog' up and down and I'll never forget it as long as I live."
He tells VH1, "I don't think a band like theirs needs a singer like me. They already had the best; they were the best."
Steven Tyler is currently taking hiatus from his band Aerosmith to focus on battling his painkiller addiction. In late January, he reportedly has completed 30 days of "intensive sobriety treatment" in a California rehabilitation clinic.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal