Sammy Hagar Not Joining Aerosmith, Rep Says
Rocker Sammy Hagar's manager has dismissed reports linking the ex-Van Halen star to the vacant frontman slot in Aerosmith. Guitarist Joe Perry and his bandmates have been on the hunt for a new singer since Steven Tyler announced he was taking a hiatus from the band in 2009, and Hagar has emerged as the latest frontrunner - but the "Why Can't This Be Love" singer's manager insists there's no truth to the rumors.
John Carter quips, "His Led Zep[pelin] gig conflicts with the Aerosmith job... Seriously, Sam is very happy to be going into the studio with (band) Chickenfoot to start the second album in April."
Reports suggest Billy Idol, Chris Cornell and Paul Rodgers have been approached as potential replacements for Tyler. Lenny Kravitz, who was one of the first names linked to the job, has already made it clear he's not interested in the job.
Last week, Perry confessed he's not ruling out a female star as Aerosmith's new singer.
- Ivanka Trump Gets Booed by Audience During Berlin Summit, but She's 'Used to It'
- Watch Adam Levine's Heartfelt Tribute to Christina Grimmie on 'The Voice'
- Nick Gordon Has New Girlfriend, a Year After Bobbi Kristina Brown's Death
- Braless Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer One-Piece Swimsuit
- Shania Twain Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- 'Avengers 4' Title Won't Be 'Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet', Says James Gunn
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are 'Okay' Without Having Their Own Kids on Their Relationship
- 'Shadowhunters' Reveals First Look at Sebastian in Season 2B Promo