Sammy Hagar Not Joining Aerosmith, Rep Says
Rocker Sammy Hagar's manager has dismissed reports linking the ex-Van Halen star to the vacant frontman slot in Aerosmith. Guitarist Joe Perry and his bandmates have been on the hunt for a new singer since Steven Tyler announced he was taking a hiatus from the band in 2009, and Hagar has emerged as the latest frontrunner - but the "Why Can't This Be Love" singer's manager insists there's no truth to the rumors.
John Carter quips, "His Led Zep[pelin] gig conflicts with the Aerosmith job... Seriously, Sam is very happy to be going into the studio with (band) Chickenfoot to start the second album in April."
Reports suggest Billy Idol, Chris Cornell and Paul Rodgers have been approached as potential replacements for Tyler. Lenny Kravitz, who was one of the first names linked to the job, has already made it clear he's not interested in the job.
Last week, Perry confessed he's not ruling out a female star as Aerosmith's new singer.
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl