'Avatar' Is Highest Grossing Film in U.K. Box Office History
James Cameron's sci-fi epic "Avatar" has broken another record - the blockbuster has become the highest grossing film in U.K. box office history. The Oscar-nominated movie pulled in $6.9 million in its eighth week of release, pushing it over the $115 million mark since it hit British cinemas in December 2009.
The massive ticket sales mean "Avatar" has now overtaken ABBA musical "Mamma Mia!" to become Britain's best-selling film ever. The news comes just a week after the movie broke U.S. box office records, putting it ahead of Cameron's 1997 hit "Titanic" as the best-selling North American release of all time.
In the U.K. chart, Disney's "The Princess and the Frog" was a new entry taking $3.5 million, followed by "Astro Boy", "Invictus" and "Sherlock Holmes".
More Avatar News
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending