'Avatar' Is Highest Grossing Film in U.K. Box Office History
James Cameron's sci-fi epic "Avatar" has broken another record - the blockbuster has become the highest grossing film in U.K. box office history. The Oscar-nominated movie pulled in $6.9 million in its eighth week of release, pushing it over the $115 million mark since it hit British cinemas in December 2009.
The massive ticket sales mean "Avatar" has now overtaken ABBA musical "Mamma Mia!" to become Britain's best-selling film ever. The news comes just a week after the movie broke U.S. box office records, putting it ahead of Cameron's 1997 hit "Titanic" as the best-selling North American release of all time.
In the U.K. chart, Disney's "The Princess and the Frog" was a new entry taking $3.5 million, followed by "Astro Boy", "Invictus" and "Sherlock Holmes".
More Avatar News
- Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twins at Age 68
- Tyga's New Lady Demi Rose Tries to Copy Kylie Jenner by Wearing Similar Strappy Bikini
- Shawn Mendes Teases His Upcoming Album
- Kim Kardashian Visits Snapchat Office. See Some Exclusive Filters She Gets!
- Alicia Keys Goes Makeup Free, Pens Powerful Essay About Overcoming Her Insecurities
- Simon Cowell and His Snarky Comments Make Return on 'America's Got Talent' Season 11 Premiere
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture