'Avatar' Is Highest Grossing Film in U.K. Box Office History
James Cameron's sci-fi epic "Avatar" has broken another record - the blockbuster has become the highest grossing film in U.K. box office history. The Oscar-nominated movie pulled in $6.9 million in its eighth week of release, pushing it over the $115 million mark since it hit British cinemas in December 2009.
The massive ticket sales mean "Avatar" has now overtaken ABBA musical "Mamma Mia!" to become Britain's best-selling film ever. The news comes just a week after the movie broke U.S. box office records, putting it ahead of Cameron's 1997 hit "Titanic" as the best-selling North American release of all time.
In the U.K. chart, Disney's "The Princess and the Frog" was a new entry taking $3.5 million, followed by "Astro Boy", "Invictus" and "Sherlock Holmes".
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2