'Avatar' Is Highest Grossing Film in U.K. Box Office History
James Cameron's sci-fi epic "Avatar" has broken another record - the blockbuster has become the highest grossing film in U.K. box office history. The Oscar-nominated movie pulled in $6.9 million in its eighth week of release, pushing it over the $115 million mark since it hit British cinemas in December 2009.
The massive ticket sales mean "Avatar" has now overtaken ABBA musical "Mamma Mia!" to become Britain's best-selling film ever. The news comes just a week after the movie broke U.S. box office records, putting it ahead of Cameron's 1997 hit "Titanic" as the best-selling North American release of all time.
In the U.K. chart, Disney's "The Princess and the Frog" was a new entry taking $3.5 million, followed by "Astro Boy", "Invictus" and "Sherlock Holmes".
- New 'Marvel's The Defenders' Trailer Includes First Look at 'The Punisher'
- Jigsaw Is Back to Claim New Victims in Gruesome First Trailer
- 'The Affair': Ruth Wilson's Body Double Sues Showtime After Fired for Reporting Sexual Harassment
- Tyga Says He Warned Rob Kardashian About Blac Chyna's Game
- Lily Collins Locks Lips With High School Classmate During Romantic Italy Vacation
- 'Game of Thrones' Creators Defend 'Confederate' After Backlash Over Slavery Theme
- Kim Kardashian Is Basically Topless in Her Ripped Netted Outfit
- Alleged Video of Bella Thorne Masturbating Leaks Online