Kevin McKidd Forced by Son to Take Role in 'Percy Jackson'
Scottish actor Kevin McKidd signed up for the big screen adaptation of the "Percy Jackson" children's books, after his son insisted he took the job. The "Grey's Anatomy" star plays Poseidon in upcoming movie "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief", about a teenage boy who discovers he's descended from the Greek sea god.
McKidd's children are huge fans of the story and they made sure their dad accepted a role in the big screen blockbuster. He tells Britain's Daily Record newspaper, "My kids are really excited about 'Percy Jackson'. They think it's going to be cool that they'll be able to see me in the cinema."
He continues to reveal, "(My son) Joseph read the first book and he'd never seen anything I'd been in. He was right down my throat, telling me I had to do it."
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer