Kevin McKidd Forced by Son to Take Role in 'Percy Jackson'
Scottish actor Kevin McKidd signed up for the big screen adaptation of the "Percy Jackson" children's books, after his son insisted he took the job. The "Grey's Anatomy" star plays Poseidon in upcoming movie "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief", about a teenage boy who discovers he's descended from the Greek sea god.
McKidd's children are huge fans of the story and they made sure their dad accepted a role in the big screen blockbuster. He tells Britain's Daily Record newspaper, "My kids are really excited about 'Percy Jackson'. They think it's going to be cool that they'll be able to see me in the cinema."
He continues to reveal, "(My son) Joseph read the first book and he'd never seen anything I'd been in. He was right down my throat, telling me I had to do it."
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed