Kevin McKidd Forced by Son to Take Role in 'Percy Jackson'
Scottish actor Kevin McKidd signed up for the big screen adaptation of the "Percy Jackson" children's books, after his son insisted he took the job. The "Grey's Anatomy" star plays Poseidon in upcoming movie "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief", about a teenage boy who discovers he's descended from the Greek sea god.
McKidd's children are huge fans of the story and they made sure their dad accepted a role in the big screen blockbuster. He tells Britain's Daily Record newspaper, "My kids are really excited about 'Percy Jackson'. They think it's going to be cool that they'll be able to see me in the cinema."
He continues to reveal, "(My son) Joseph read the first book and he'd never seen anything I'd been in. He was right down my throat, telling me I had to do it."
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7