Kevin McKidd Forced by Son to Take Role in 'Percy Jackson'
Scottish actor Kevin McKidd signed up for the big screen adaptation of the "Percy Jackson" children's books, after his son insisted he took the job. The "Grey's Anatomy" star plays Poseidon in upcoming movie "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief", about a teenage boy who discovers he's descended from the Greek sea god.
McKidd's children are huge fans of the story and they made sure their dad accepted a role in the big screen blockbuster. He tells Britain's Daily Record newspaper, "My kids are really excited about 'Percy Jackson'. They think it's going to be cool that they'll be able to see me in the cinema."
He continues to reveal, "(My son) Joseph read the first book and he'd never seen anything I'd been in. He was right down my throat, telling me I had to do it."
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group
- Artist of the Week: DJ Snake
- Idris Elba Confirms He Is Done Filming His Part in 'The Dark Tower'
- Kylie Jenner Gets Banned From Entering Club Where Tyga Performs. Here's Why