Portia de Rossi to Dish on Her Private Life in a Memoir
Ellen DeGeneres' wife Portia de Rossi is set to lift the lid on her private life with a tell-all book, which will include her struggles with her sexuality and harrowing details of her battle with anorexia. The Australian actress, who was born Amanda Lee Rogers, has signed a deal to publish her memoirs which will detail her early years as she came to terms with her sexual orientation, and her public 'outing' while she was starring in hit sitcom "Ally McBeal".
The 37-year-old actress has previously admitted keeping her sexuality secret from her co-workers until pictures of the star with her ex-girlfriend, singer Francesca Gregorini, emerged in the press. The book will also chronicle De Rossi's long battle with eating disorders.
She tells The Advocate magazine, "I'm writing a book. It'll be published in the fall, so... I have to be done with it before then. It will deal with all the secrets that nearly killed me. Nobody can really get inside the anorexic's mind like the anorexic."
And De Rossi admits DeGeneres, who she married in 2008, encouraged her to put pen to paper. She adds, "My mother thought I would be a writer. When I started writing little notes to Ellen, she said, 'You should be a writer.' Which is very encouraging and very sweet."
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans
- Sibling Rivalry What? Khloe Kardashian Calls Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle