'Twilight' Bosses Take Legal Action Over 'Forks' Documentary
Movie bosses behind the "Twilight" franchise are suing the makers of a documentary about the city featured in the films - alleging the cover art is too similar to their own DVD release. Executives at Summit Entertainment have made a documentary about Forks, Washington to correspond with the DVD launch of their latest blockbuster - "The Twilight Saga: New Moon", in March.
But a new lawsuit alleges the release of "Twilight in Forks: The Saga of the Real Town" has been marred by a similar documentary from Topics Entertainment, also about the area where the vampire stories are played out on the big screen.
Lawyers for Summit have filed court papers alleging the Topics film, "Forks: Bitten by Twilight", features cover art that is too similar to their own trademarked "Twilight" style. The lawsuit is seeking an injunction against the Topics documentary as well as damages, according to TMZ.com.
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes