'Twilight' Bosses Take Legal Action Over 'Forks' Documentary
Movie bosses behind the "Twilight" franchise are suing the makers of a documentary about the city featured in the films - alleging the cover art is too similar to their own DVD release. Executives at Summit Entertainment have made a documentary about Forks, Washington to correspond with the DVD launch of their latest blockbuster - "The Twilight Saga: New Moon", in March.
But a new lawsuit alleges the release of "Twilight in Forks: The Saga of the Real Town" has been marred by a similar documentary from Topics Entertainment, also about the area where the vampire stories are played out on the big screen.
Lawyers for Summit have filed court papers alleging the Topics film, "Forks: Bitten by Twilight", features cover art that is too similar to their own trademarked "Twilight" style. The lawsuit is seeking an injunction against the Topics documentary as well as damages, according to TMZ.com.
More Twilight News
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape
- Zayn and Gigi Hadid Get Lovey-Dovey in This Pic as His Mom Asks Him to Dump Her
- Mariah Carey Debuts New Song 'Infamous' for 'Empire' Series
- Keanu Reeves Walks Down Brooklyn Bridge With His New Dog in New 'John Wick 2' Pic
- Here's the Real Reason Rob Kardashian Tweeted Kylie Jenner's Number. Does She Deserve It?