'Twilight' Bosses Take Legal Action Over 'Forks' Documentary
Movie bosses behind the "Twilight" franchise are suing the makers of a documentary about the city featured in the films - alleging the cover art is too similar to their own DVD release. Executives at Summit Entertainment have made a documentary about Forks, Washington to correspond with the DVD launch of their latest blockbuster - "The Twilight Saga: New Moon", in March.
But a new lawsuit alleges the release of "Twilight in Forks: The Saga of the Real Town" has been marred by a similar documentary from Topics Entertainment, also about the area where the vampire stories are played out on the big screen.
Lawyers for Summit have filed court papers alleging the Topics film, "Forks: Bitten by Twilight", features cover art that is too similar to their own trademarked "Twilight" style. The lawsuit is seeking an injunction against the Topics documentary as well as damages, according to TMZ.com.
More Twilight News
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic