'Twilight' Bosses Take Legal Action Over 'Forks' Documentary
Movie bosses behind the "Twilight" franchise are suing the makers of a documentary about the city featured in the films - alleging the cover art is too similar to their own DVD release. Executives at Summit Entertainment have made a documentary about Forks, Washington to correspond with the DVD launch of their latest blockbuster - "The Twilight Saga: New Moon", in March.
But a new lawsuit alleges the release of "Twilight in Forks: The Saga of the Real Town" has been marred by a similar documentary from Topics Entertainment, also about the area where the vampire stories are played out on the big screen.
Lawyers for Summit have filed court papers alleging the Topics film, "Forks: Bitten by Twilight", features cover art that is too similar to their own trademarked "Twilight" style. The lawsuit is seeking an injunction against the Topics documentary as well as damages, according to TMZ.com.
More Twilight News
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4