'Twilight' Bosses Take Legal Action Over 'Forks' Documentary
Movie bosses behind the "Twilight" franchise are suing the makers of a documentary about the city featured in the films - alleging the cover art is too similar to their own DVD release. Executives at Summit Entertainment have made a documentary about Forks, Washington to correspond with the DVD launch of their latest blockbuster - "The Twilight Saga: New Moon", in March.
But a new lawsuit alleges the release of "Twilight in Forks: The Saga of the Real Town" has been marred by a similar documentary from Topics Entertainment, also about the area where the vampire stories are played out on the big screen.
Lawyers for Summit have filed court papers alleging the Topics film, "Forks: Bitten by Twilight", features cover art that is too similar to their own trademarked "Twilight" style. The lawsuit is seeking an injunction against the Topics documentary as well as damages, according to TMZ.com.
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard