Drew Barrymore to Revive 'Charlie's Angels' for TV
Drew Barrymore is giving wings to "Charlie's Angels" - the actress is making plans to bring the hit TV series back to the small screen. Barrymore has produced and starred in two film adaptations of the 1970s show - and now she's breathing new life into the franchise, which launched Farrah Fawcett's career, by reviving it for TV.
Barrymore is currently scouting a new trio of sexy crimefighters and insists they must be "incredibly capable, but not take themselves too seriously. That's a tough combination to find." Meanwhile filmmaker McG, who directed Barrymore in her Angels films, will serve as consultant on the project - and is aiming to diversify the team of secret agents.
He adds, "This is a more progressive, 2010 take on the idea. We want to be even more progressive in terms of racial background." McG has named Rihanna as his dream Angel.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal