Drew Barrymore to Revive 'Charlie's Angels' for TV
Drew Barrymore is giving wings to "Charlie's Angels" - the actress is making plans to bring the hit TV series back to the small screen. Barrymore has produced and starred in two film adaptations of the 1970s show - and now she's breathing new life into the franchise, which launched Farrah Fawcett's career, by reviving it for TV.
Barrymore is currently scouting a new trio of sexy crimefighters and insists they must be "incredibly capable, but not take themselves too seriously. That's a tough combination to find." Meanwhile filmmaker McG, who directed Barrymore in her Angels films, will serve as consultant on the project - and is aiming to diversify the team of secret agents.
He adds, "This is a more progressive, 2010 take on the idea. We want to be even more progressive in terms of racial background." McG has named Rihanna as his dream Angel.
More Drew Barrymore News
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Having a Blast Coming Up With Baby Names'
- Topless Ariel Winter Shows Off Breast Reduction Scars in New Unretouched Pics
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date