Drew Barrymore to Revive 'Charlie's Angels' for TV
Drew Barrymore is giving wings to "Charlie's Angels" - the actress is making plans to bring the hit TV series back to the small screen. Barrymore has produced and starred in two film adaptations of the 1970s show - and now she's breathing new life into the franchise, which launched Farrah Fawcett's career, by reviving it for TV.
Barrymore is currently scouting a new trio of sexy crimefighters and insists they must be "incredibly capable, but not take themselves too seriously. That's a tough combination to find." Meanwhile filmmaker McG, who directed Barrymore in her Angels films, will serve as consultant on the project - and is aiming to diversify the team of secret agents.
He adds, "This is a more progressive, 2010 take on the idea. We want to be even more progressive in terms of racial background." McG has named Rihanna as his dream Angel.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent