Gary Coleman Avoids Jail by Paying Fine
Former child star Gary Coleman has avoided jail after striking a deal with authorities over a domestic violence charge. The "Diff'rent Strokes" star was taken into custody on January 24 after police were called to his Utah home.
No criminal charges were filed at the time, but Coleman was cited for a misdemeanor failure to appear warrant from a separate altercation in April, 2009, involving his wife, Shannon Price. He spent the first few hours of his 42nd birthday on Monday, February 8 in court, where he pleaded guilty to one count of domestic violence criminal mischief.
As part of the plea deal, Coleman was handed a suspended sentence of 31 and a half days in jail - but he will avoid the punishment if he pays a fine of $595 and attends a domestic violence course. A separate charge of domestic violence assault was dismissed, reports TMZ.com.
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video