Gary Coleman Avoids Jail by Paying Fine
Former child star Gary Coleman has avoided jail after striking a deal with authorities over a domestic violence charge. The "Diff'rent Strokes" star was taken into custody on January 24 after police were called to his Utah home.
No criminal charges were filed at the time, but Coleman was cited for a misdemeanor failure to appear warrant from a separate altercation in April, 2009, involving his wife, Shannon Price. He spent the first few hours of his 42nd birthday on Monday, February 8 in court, where he pleaded guilty to one count of domestic violence criminal mischief.
As part of the plea deal, Coleman was handed a suspended sentence of 31 and a half days in jail - but he will avoid the punishment if he pays a fine of $595 and attends a domestic violence course. A separate charge of domestic violence assault was dismissed, reports TMZ.com.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal