Gary Coleman Avoids Jail by Paying Fine
Former child star Gary Coleman has avoided jail after striking a deal with authorities over a domestic violence charge. The "Diff'rent Strokes" star was taken into custody on January 24 after police were called to his Utah home.
No criminal charges were filed at the time, but Coleman was cited for a misdemeanor failure to appear warrant from a separate altercation in April, 2009, involving his wife, Shannon Price. He spent the first few hours of his 42nd birthday on Monday, February 8 in court, where he pleaded guilty to one count of domestic violence criminal mischief.
As part of the plea deal, Coleman was handed a suspended sentence of 31 and a half days in jail - but he will avoid the punishment if he pays a fine of $595 and attends a domestic violence course. A separate charge of domestic violence assault was dismissed, reports TMZ.com.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked