Gary Coleman Avoids Jail by Paying Fine
Former child star Gary Coleman has avoided jail after striking a deal with authorities over a domestic violence charge. The "Diff'rent Strokes" star was taken into custody on January 24 after police were called to his Utah home.
No criminal charges were filed at the time, but Coleman was cited for a misdemeanor failure to appear warrant from a separate altercation in April, 2009, involving his wife, Shannon Price. He spent the first few hours of his 42nd birthday on Monday, February 8 in court, where he pleaded guilty to one count of domestic violence criminal mischief.
As part of the plea deal, Coleman was handed a suspended sentence of 31 and a half days in jail - but he will avoid the punishment if he pays a fine of $595 and attends a domestic violence course. A separate charge of domestic violence assault was dismissed, reports TMZ.com.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris