La Roux's Elly Jackson Was Bullied for Being Different
La Roux singer Elly Jackson was bullied at school because of her appearance. The "Bulletproof" hitmaker admits she was often targeted by mean girls in her class, who "picked on" her because she was "different."
And the 21-year-old singer was so traumatized by the experience, it took her years to regain her confidence. She says, "I felt very out of sorts at school. I was a tomboy and didn't dress like a girl. I wore tracksuits and wanted to hang out with the boys."
She adds, "I got picked on because I was different. The culprit was my best friend and my bully. I had to be friends with her. I totally lost my confidence and it took three years to get it back."
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed