La Roux's Elly Jackson Was Bullied for Being Different
La Roux singer Elly Jackson was bullied at school because of her appearance. The "Bulletproof" hitmaker admits she was often targeted by mean girls in her class, who "picked on" her because she was "different."
And the 21-year-old singer was so traumatized by the experience, it took her years to regain her confidence. She says, "I felt very out of sorts at school. I was a tomboy and didn't dress like a girl. I wore tracksuits and wanted to hang out with the boys."
She adds, "I got picked on because I was different. The culprit was my best friend and my bully. I had to be friends with her. I totally lost my confidence and it took three years to get it back."
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Feud With Adam Lambert: 'This Is Completely Entertainment'
- SISTAR Disbands After 7 Years, Members Pen Heartfelt Handwritten Letters to Fans