La Roux's Elly Jackson Was Bullied for Being Different
La Roux singer Elly Jackson was bullied at school because of her appearance. The "Bulletproof" hitmaker admits she was often targeted by mean girls in her class, who "picked on" her because she was "different."
And the 21-year-old singer was so traumatized by the experience, it took her years to regain her confidence. She says, "I felt very out of sorts at school. I was a tomboy and didn't dress like a girl. I wore tracksuits and wanted to hang out with the boys."
She adds, "I got picked on because I was different. The culprit was my best friend and my bully. I had to be friends with her. I totally lost my confidence and it took three years to get it back."
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris