La Roux's Elly Jackson Was Bullied for Being Different
La Roux singer Elly Jackson was bullied at school because of her appearance. The "Bulletproof" hitmaker admits she was often targeted by mean girls in her class, who "picked on" her because she was "different."
And the 21-year-old singer was so traumatized by the experience, it took her years to regain her confidence. She says, "I felt very out of sorts at school. I was a tomboy and didn't dress like a girl. I wore tracksuits and wanted to hang out with the boys."
She adds, "I got picked on because I was different. The culprit was my best friend and my bully. I had to be friends with her. I totally lost my confidence and it took three years to get it back."
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked