La Roux's Elly Jackson Was Bullied for Being Different
La Roux singer Elly Jackson was bullied at school because of her appearance. The "Bulletproof" hitmaker admits she was often targeted by mean girls in her class, who "picked on" her because she was "different."
And the 21-year-old singer was so traumatized by the experience, it took her years to regain her confidence. She says, "I felt very out of sorts at school. I was a tomboy and didn't dress like a girl. I wore tracksuits and wanted to hang out with the boys."
She adds, "I got picked on because I was different. The culprit was my best friend and my bully. I had to be friends with her. I totally lost my confidence and it took three years to get it back."
- Nina Dobrev Reveals She Accidentally Exposed Her Genitals During Bikini-Clad Photoshoot
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Apparently Only Fake Their Breakup
- NFL Bans Lady GaGa From Talking About Politics at Super Bowl
- Bella Hadid's 'Hurt and Pissed' The Weeknd Moves On So Fast With Selena Gomez
- Jessica Biel's Thriller 'The Sinner' Gets Series Order at USA Network
- Chelsea Handler Blames the Kardashians for Donald Trump's Election Win. Here's Why
- Lamar Odom Apologizes to Ex Khloe for Her 'Wasted Time and Energy' in Emotional Interview
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character