Soulja Boy to Spend 12 Months on Probation
Rapper Soulja Boy has been sentenced to 12 months' probation stemming from his arrest at a music video shoot in October 2009. The "Crank That (Soulja Boy)" hitmaker was shooting a clip at an abandoned house in Georgia with a cast and crew of 40 people, including fans he had invited to participate.
But when authorities arrived to investigate complaints of noise, half the group, including Soulja Boy, fled by foot. The hip-hop star, real name DeAndre Cortez Way, was said to have been apprehended by cops and taken to Henry County jail, where he spent the night before he was released on bond.
He was charged with obstruction and must now spend a year on probation. The 19 year old was also ordered to pay a $1,000 fine.
More Soulja Boy News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie