Soulja Boy to Spend 12 Months on Probation
Rapper Soulja Boy has been sentenced to 12 months' probation stemming from his arrest at a music video shoot in October 2009. The "Crank That (Soulja Boy)" hitmaker was shooting a clip at an abandoned house in Georgia with a cast and crew of 40 people, including fans he had invited to participate.
But when authorities arrived to investigate complaints of noise, half the group, including Soulja Boy, fled by foot. The hip-hop star, real name DeAndre Cortez Way, was said to have been apprehended by cops and taken to Henry County jail, where he spent the night before he was released on bond.
He was charged with obstruction and must now spend a year on probation. The 19 year old was also ordered to pay a $1,000 fine.
More Soulja Boy News
- Will Smith Deals With Mythical Creatures in 'Bright' First Teaser
- Ryan Gosling, Felicity Jones, Emma Stone and More Read Oscars Edition of 'Mean Tweets'
- John Legend Performs 'La La Land' Soundtracks Perfectly at Oscars
- Ariana Grande Gets People Making Out in Public in 'Everyday' Music Video Ft. Future
- Warren Beatty Is the New Steve Harvey After Oscar Best Picture Flub
- Pregnant Cheryl Moves In With Beau Liam Payne as They Prepare for Baby's Arrival
- Kylie Jenner Is Rushing to Get Married to Tyga
- New 'Doctor Who' Season 10 Trailer Features New Companion