Cheryl Cole Slammed for Refusing a Fellow Singer's Duet Offer
Former "Happy Holidays" singer Rowetta is fuming at Cheryl Cole after the Girls Aloud star asked to use her vocals for an upcoming award show - but snubbed her offer to sing live. Cole wanted to sample Rowetta's dancefloor hit "Be" for a live performance of her single "Fight for This Love" at the upcoming BRIT Awards.
But Rowetta - full name Rowetta Satchell - was furious after record executives informed her that another woman would lip sync her part alongside Cole at the event. Rowetta rants, "Her record company asked to use my sample but wanted an 'anonymous face'. I said I'm happy to perform but they don't want that. Imagine if I wanted to sample Cheryl and got someone to mime her voice. That would never be allowed."
It was revealed last year Rowetta's vocals helped the Black Eyed Peas score a global smash with "Boom Boom Pow", which samples her track "Reach Out".
More Cheryl Cole News
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera