Cheryl Cole Slammed for Refusing a Fellow Singer's Duet Offer
Former "Happy Holidays" singer Rowetta is fuming at Cheryl Cole after the Girls Aloud star asked to use her vocals for an upcoming award show - but snubbed her offer to sing live. Cole wanted to sample Rowetta's dancefloor hit "Be" for a live performance of her single "Fight for This Love" at the upcoming BRIT Awards.
But Rowetta - full name Rowetta Satchell - was furious after record executives informed her that another woman would lip sync her part alongside Cole at the event. Rowetta rants, "Her record company asked to use my sample but wanted an 'anonymous face'. I said I'm happy to perform but they don't want that. Imagine if I wanted to sample Cheryl and got someone to mime her voice. That would never be allowed."
It was revealed last year Rowetta's vocals helped the Black Eyed Peas score a global smash with "Boom Boom Pow", which samples her track "Reach Out".
More Cheryl Cole News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby