Cheryl Cole Slammed for Refusing a Fellow Singer's Duet Offer
Former "Happy Holidays" singer Rowetta is fuming at Cheryl Cole after the Girls Aloud star asked to use her vocals for an upcoming award show - but snubbed her offer to sing live. Cole wanted to sample Rowetta's dancefloor hit "Be" for a live performance of her single "Fight for This Love" at the upcoming BRIT Awards.
But Rowetta - full name Rowetta Satchell - was furious after record executives informed her that another woman would lip sync her part alongside Cole at the event. Rowetta rants, "Her record company asked to use my sample but wanted an 'anonymous face'. I said I'm happy to perform but they don't want that. Imagine if I wanted to sample Cheryl and got someone to mime her voice. That would never be allowed."
It was revealed last year Rowetta's vocals helped the Black Eyed Peas score a global smash with "Boom Boom Pow", which samples her track "Reach Out".
More Cheryl Cole News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics