Cheryl Cole Slammed for Refusing a Fellow Singer's Duet Offer
Former "Happy Holidays" singer Rowetta is fuming at Cheryl Cole after the Girls Aloud star asked to use her vocals for an upcoming award show - but snubbed her offer to sing live. Cole wanted to sample Rowetta's dancefloor hit "Be" for a live performance of her single "Fight for This Love" at the upcoming BRIT Awards.
But Rowetta - full name Rowetta Satchell - was furious after record executives informed her that another woman would lip sync her part alongside Cole at the event. Rowetta rants, "Her record company asked to use my sample but wanted an 'anonymous face'. I said I'm happy to perform but they don't want that. Imagine if I wanted to sample Cheryl and got someone to mime her voice. That would never be allowed."
It was revealed last year Rowetta's vocals helped the Black Eyed Peas score a global smash with "Boom Boom Pow", which samples her track "Reach Out".
- Jennifer Lopez Breaks Silence on Her Relationship With Drake
- Joe Jonas Approves of Demi Lovato's On-Again Romance With Guilhermo Vasconcelos
- Surly and His Squad Fight for New Home in 'The Nut Job 2' First Trailer
- 'American Crime Story' Will Take on Bill Clinton-Monica Lewinsky Sex Scandal
- Kim Kardashian Did Want to Divorce Kanye West. Here's Why She Stays
- New 'Kong: Skull Island' Banner Suggests Kong's Soft Spot
- Bella Thorne Defends Ex-Beau Gregg Sulkin After His Alleged Nude Pics Surface
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake Among Winners in Music