The Who's New Album Might Include Pete Townshend's Musical
Rocker Pete Townshend is looking to turn his much-anticipated musical about an equestrian into The Who's next project. The guitarist has been working on the musical, called "Floss", for years and he reveals he completed it in November 2009, and has been recording the music ever since.
And he thinks a handful of the tracks would work well as new The Who numbers. He says, "I finished the story in November and I've written quite a lot of lyrics, and I've been doing demos since the beginning of December."
"I've done about 10 songs so far. Whether or not this will work as a Who project, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure there are a few songs that I've done which Roger (Daltrey) will enjoy singing. So there's a possibility we might be able to release some of the songs from the play as an album or an EP."
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic
- Move Out Rihanna! Drake Wakes Up Next to 'the Most Beautiful Woman' After His Birthday Party
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer