The Who's New Album Might Include Pete Townshend's Musical
Rocker Pete Townshend is looking to turn his much-anticipated musical about an equestrian into The Who's next project. The guitarist has been working on the musical, called "Floss", for years and he reveals he completed it in November 2009, and has been recording the music ever since.
And he thinks a handful of the tracks would work well as new The Who numbers. He says, "I finished the story in November and I've written quite a lot of lyrics, and I've been doing demos since the beginning of December."
"I've done about 10 songs so far. Whether or not this will work as a Who project, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure there are a few songs that I've done which Roger (Daltrey) will enjoy singing. So there's a possibility we might be able to release some of the songs from the play as an album or an EP."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival