Alicia Keys Scores Her First No. 1 Album in U.K.
Alicia Keys is celebrating after scoring her first number one album in the U.K. The R&B singer released "The Element of Freedom", her fourth studio album, in December 2009 but she didn't hit the top spot until this week, which ends on February 7. The album peaked at number two in Keys' native U.S.
Dutch violinist Andre Rieu has made history with his album "Forever Vienna", which became this century's highest-charting classical album after coming in second.
Keys also found success in the singles chart as her ballad "Empire State Of Mind (Part II)" came in fifth. Owl City's hit "Fireflies" remained the nation's most popular single, while "The X Factor" contestants Jedward's collaboration with Vanilla Ice, "Under Pressure (Ice Ice Baby)", and Timbaland's track with Katy Perry, "If We Ever Meet Again", rounded out the top three.
More Alicia Keys News
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5
- Kanye West and Everyone, Including Taylor Swift, Sleep Naked in His 'Famous' Video
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Confirms the Presence of A.R.G.U.S.
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Pixie Haircut at Givenchy Fashion Show With Bella Hadid and More
- Teresa Palmer Finds Someone's Name Carved in New 'Lights Out' Trailer
- Liam Hemsworth Defends His 2012 Engagement to Miley Cyrus
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women
- Listen to Jamie Lynn Spears' Comeback Single 'Sleepover'