Alicia Keys Scores Her First No. 1 Album in U.K.
Alicia Keys is celebrating after scoring her first number one album in the U.K. The R&B singer released "The Element of Freedom", her fourth studio album, in December 2009 but she didn't hit the top spot until this week, which ends on February 7. The album peaked at number two in Keys' native U.S.
Dutch violinist Andre Rieu has made history with his album "Forever Vienna", which became this century's highest-charting classical album after coming in second.
Keys also found success in the singles chart as her ballad "Empire State Of Mind (Part II)" came in fifth. Owl City's hit "Fireflies" remained the nation's most popular single, while "The X Factor" contestants Jedward's collaboration with Vanilla Ice, "Under Pressure (Ice Ice Baby)", and Timbaland's track with Katy Perry, "If We Ever Meet Again", rounded out the top three.
More Alicia Keys News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'