Alicia Keys Scores Her First No. 1 Album in U.K.
Alicia Keys is celebrating after scoring her first number one album in the U.K. The R&B singer released "The Element of Freedom", her fourth studio album, in December 2009 but she didn't hit the top spot until this week, which ends on February 7. The album peaked at number two in Keys' native U.S.
Dutch violinist Andre Rieu has made history with his album "Forever Vienna", which became this century's highest-charting classical album after coming in second.
Keys also found success in the singles chart as her ballad "Empire State Of Mind (Part II)" came in fifth. Owl City's hit "Fireflies" remained the nation's most popular single, while "The X Factor" contestants Jedward's collaboration with Vanilla Ice, "Under Pressure (Ice Ice Baby)", and Timbaland's track with Katy Perry, "If We Ever Meet Again", rounded out the top three.
More Alicia Keys News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent