Alicia Keys Scores Her First No. 1 Album in U.K.
Alicia Keys is celebrating after scoring her first number one album in the U.K. The R&B singer released "The Element of Freedom", her fourth studio album, in December 2009 but she didn't hit the top spot until this week, which ends on February 7. The album peaked at number two in Keys' native U.S.
Dutch violinist Andre Rieu has made history with his album "Forever Vienna", which became this century's highest-charting classical album after coming in second.
Keys also found success in the singles chart as her ballad "Empire State Of Mind (Part II)" came in fifth. Owl City's hit "Fireflies" remained the nation's most popular single, while "The X Factor" contestants Jedward's collaboration with Vanilla Ice, "Under Pressure (Ice Ice Baby)", and Timbaland's track with Katy Perry, "If We Ever Meet Again", rounded out the top three.
More Alicia Keys News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!