Alicia Keys Scores Her First No. 1 Album in U.K.
Alicia Keys is celebrating after scoring her first number one album in the U.K. The R&B singer released "The Element of Freedom", her fourth studio album, in December 2009 but she didn't hit the top spot until this week, which ends on February 7. The album peaked at number two in Keys' native U.S.
Dutch violinist Andre Rieu has made history with his album "Forever Vienna", which became this century's highest-charting classical album after coming in second.
Keys also found success in the singles chart as her ballad "Empire State Of Mind (Part II)" came in fifth. Owl City's hit "Fireflies" remained the nation's most popular single, while "The X Factor" contestants Jedward's collaboration with Vanilla Ice, "Under Pressure (Ice Ice Baby)", and Timbaland's track with Katy Perry, "If We Ever Meet Again", rounded out the top three.
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Features Surprise Return of 'Iron Man' Character
- Jamie Foxx Says Dating at 49 Is 'Tough' Amid Katie Holmes Romance Rumors
- Fans Are Losing It Over Eminem's New Beard - See Their Hilarious Reactions
- Stephen Colbert Announces Plan to Run for President in 2020, Asks Russians' Help for His Campaign
- Tupac Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Creators Slapped With Copyright Infringement Lawsuit
- Caitlyn Jenner Fuels Dating Rumors With This Blonde Beauty
- Snoop Dogg Denies Mocking His 'Nephew' Young Thug in 'Moment I Feared' Video
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Season 9 Finale: Does Your Favorite Win?