Jeff Bridges' Honeymoon Almost Ruined His Marriage
Jeff Bridges' 32-year marriage was almost over before it began - his honeymoon was a disaster. The Oscar-nominated star jetted his new bride Susan [Geston] off to Maui after they wed in 1977 but admits the early days of married life were far from perfect for him.
He tells Rolling Stone magazine, "We had this terrible honeymoon... all I could do was smell the rotten tomatoes, and I was a pouting motherf**ker, just terrible.
"She (Susan) said, 'Let's annul this.' I said, 'No, no.' I pouted like that for a year or more. Thank God she didn't cut me loose, 'cause I was miserable to be around, but I finally got with the programme."
The couple now have one of the most envied marriages in Hollywood. The actor adds, "Something I didn't count on with marriage is that it's gotten better on all fronts - the farther it goes on, it gets deeper and richer."
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test
- Jinger Duggar Is Engaged to Former Pro Soccer Player Jeremy Vuolo
- Jimmy Page Breaks Silence on Led Zeppelin's 'Stairway to Heaven' Plagiarism Trial
- James Corden's 'Carpool Karaoke' Turned Into Series on Apple
- Ariana Grande Splits From Ricky Alvarez After 1 Year of Dating
- Lionel Messi Goes Platinum Blonde and Internet Just Can't Handle It
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub