Jeff Bridges' Honeymoon Almost Ruined His Marriage
Jeff Bridges' 32-year marriage was almost over before it began - his honeymoon was a disaster. The Oscar-nominated star jetted his new bride Susan [Geston] off to Maui after they wed in 1977 but admits the early days of married life were far from perfect for him.
He tells Rolling Stone magazine, "We had this terrible honeymoon... all I could do was smell the rotten tomatoes, and I was a pouting motherf**ker, just terrible.
"She (Susan) said, 'Let's annul this.' I said, 'No, no.' I pouted like that for a year or more. Thank God she didn't cut me loose, 'cause I was miserable to be around, but I finally got with the programme."
The couple now have one of the most envied marriages in Hollywood. The actor adds, "Something I didn't count on with marriage is that it's gotten better on all fronts - the farther it goes on, it gets deeper and richer."
More Jeff Bridges News
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist