Jeff Bridges' Honeymoon Almost Ruined His Marriage
Jeff Bridges' 32-year marriage was almost over before it began - his honeymoon was a disaster. The Oscar-nominated star jetted his new bride Susan [Geston] off to Maui after they wed in 1977 but admits the early days of married life were far from perfect for him.
He tells Rolling Stone magazine, "We had this terrible honeymoon... all I could do was smell the rotten tomatoes, and I was a pouting motherf**ker, just terrible.
"She (Susan) said, 'Let's annul this.' I said, 'No, no.' I pouted like that for a year or more. Thank God she didn't cut me loose, 'cause I was miserable to be around, but I finally got with the programme."
The couple now have one of the most envied marriages in Hollywood. The actor adds, "Something I didn't count on with marriage is that it's gotten better on all fronts - the farther it goes on, it gets deeper and richer."
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism