Lady GaGa: Aunt's Spirit Helps Me to Stay Focus on Career
Lady GaGa's dead aunt helped the pop star kick an addiction to cocaine. Before she hit the big time, the "Poker Face" superstar found herself spiraling into a drug hell as she performed in underground New York burlesque clubs.
But the star found the strength to beat her cocaine habit, and credits the spirit of her father's dead sister for helping her focus on her career as an artist. She tells Britain's News of the World, "I realised my father's sister, Joanne, who'd died at 19, had instilled her spirit in me."
"She was a painter and a poet - and I had a spiritual vision I had to finish her business. I never met her but she's been one of the most important figures in my life."
More Lady GaGa News
- 'Jumanji' Is an Old School Video Game in Its First Trailer
- 'Jealous' Kim Kardashian Demands Hefty Pay Raise for 'KUWTK'
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert