Lady GaGa: Aunt's Spirit Helps Me to Stay Focus on Career
Lady GaGa's dead aunt helped the pop star kick an addiction to cocaine. Before she hit the big time, the "Poker Face" superstar found herself spiraling into a drug hell as she performed in underground New York burlesque clubs.
But the star found the strength to beat her cocaine habit, and credits the spirit of her father's dead sister for helping her focus on her career as an artist. She tells Britain's News of the World, "I realised my father's sister, Joanne, who'd died at 19, had instilled her spirit in me."
"She was a painter and a poet - and I had a spiritual vision I had to finish her business. I never met her but she's been one of the most important figures in my life."
More Lady GaGa News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal