Lady GaGa: Aunt's Spirit Helps Me to Stay Focus on Career
Lady GaGa's dead aunt helped the pop star kick an addiction to cocaine. Before she hit the big time, the "Poker Face" superstar found herself spiraling into a drug hell as she performed in underground New York burlesque clubs.
But the star found the strength to beat her cocaine habit, and credits the spirit of her father's dead sister for helping her focus on her career as an artist. She tells Britain's News of the World, "I realised my father's sister, Joanne, who'd died at 19, had instilled her spirit in me."
"She was a painter and a poet - and I had a spiritual vision I had to finish her business. I never met her but she's been one of the most important figures in my life."
More Lady GaGa News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby