Lady GaGa: Aunt's Spirit Helps Me to Stay Focus on Career
Lady GaGa's dead aunt helped the pop star kick an addiction to cocaine. Before she hit the big time, the "Poker Face" superstar found herself spiraling into a drug hell as she performed in underground New York burlesque clubs.
But the star found the strength to beat her cocaine habit, and credits the spirit of her father's dead sister for helping her focus on her career as an artist. She tells Britain's News of the World, "I realised my father's sister, Joanne, who'd died at 19, had instilled her spirit in me."
"She was a painter and a poet - and I had a spiritual vision I had to finish her business. I never met her but she's been one of the most important figures in my life."
More Lady GaGa News
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape
- Zayn and Gigi Hadid Get Lovey-Dovey in This Pic as His Mom Asks Him to Dump Her
- Mariah Carey Debuts New Song 'Infamous' for 'Empire' Series
- Keanu Reeves Walks Down Brooklyn Bridge With His New Dog in New 'John Wick 2' Pic
- Here's the Real Reason Rob Kardashian Tweeted Kylie Jenner's Number. Does She Deserve It?