Leona Lewis 'Still Alive' After Fan's Attack
British singer Leona Lewis has accepted the attack she suffered at the hands of a mentally ill fan comes with the territory, insisting her role as a superstar attracts "a certain amount of risk". Peter Kowalczyk, 29, was charged with common assault after he allegedly punched the "Bleeding Love" hitmaker during a book signing in London in October 2009.
He was diagnosed with mental health disorder schizophrenia and ordered to spend time in hospital under Britain's Mental Health Act. Lewis is now keen to move on from the incident, and has realized that fame and fortune can sometimes cause negative situations.
She says, "I am still alive. It made me realize it's important to always be vigilant and aware of your surroundings - but I don't want to make myself too closed off. I'm a positive person, I don't like to dwell on negatives and I love what I'm doing."
"I put myself out there in front of people every single day of my life. I'm always in situations where there are a lot of people around me. I'm in the public eye, and, with that, comes a certain amount of risk, but if you think about it all too much then you'd never leave the house."
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role