Leona Lewis 'Still Alive' After Fan's Attack
British singer Leona Lewis has accepted the attack she suffered at the hands of a mentally ill fan comes with the territory, insisting her role as a superstar attracts "a certain amount of risk". Peter Kowalczyk, 29, was charged with common assault after he allegedly punched the "Bleeding Love" hitmaker during a book signing in London in October 2009.
He was diagnosed with mental health disorder schizophrenia and ordered to spend time in hospital under Britain's Mental Health Act. Lewis is now keen to move on from the incident, and has realized that fame and fortune can sometimes cause negative situations.
She says, "I am still alive. It made me realize it's important to always be vigilant and aware of your surroundings - but I don't want to make myself too closed off. I'm a positive person, I don't like to dwell on negatives and I love what I'm doing."
"I put myself out there in front of people every single day of my life. I'm always in situations where there are a lot of people around me. I'm in the public eye, and, with that, comes a certain amount of risk, but if you think about it all too much then you'd never leave the house."
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'