Miley Cyrus Organizes Stars' Belongings Auction for Haiti Relief Effort
Miley Cyrus has joined the celebrity push to help the survivors of the Haiti earthquake by organizing a massive auction of clothing and memorabilia. The pop star has called on her celebrity friends to hand over priceless items for an upcoming online sale.
She tells People.com, "Ever since the earthquake, I've been trying to do my part to help the people of Haiti - and I wanted to do more." The singer/actress, who was part of Simon Cowell's recent all-star rendition of R.E.M.'s "Everybody Hurts" - recorded to help raise funds for the Haiti relief effort, is selling off the Herve Leger dress she wore to the Grammy Awards on January 31, in a bid to raise more cash.
She's also auctioning off two tickets to the Hollywood premiere of her upcoming film, "The Last Song". Meanwhile, Nicole Richie has donated jewelery to the cause and Britney Spears has offered up the Versace mini-dress she wore to 2008 MTV Video Music Awards.
Others involved include Hugh Jackman and Demi Lovato. All proceeds from the eBay auction will benefit the American Red Cross. Cyrus adds, "I want to get people involved and show (them) that even the little things you can do can make a difference."
More Miley Cyrus News
- Kris Jenner Comes Under Fire for Allegedly Photoshopping Her Latest Instagram Pic
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoniex' Confirmed to Introduce Dazzler
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs
- Bella Thorne and Scott Disick Holding Hands After a Night of Partying and Boozing
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21