Miley Cyrus Organizes Stars' Belongings Auction for Haiti Relief Effort
Miley Cyrus has joined the celebrity push to help the survivors of the Haiti earthquake by organizing a massive auction of clothing and memorabilia. The pop star has called on her celebrity friends to hand over priceless items for an upcoming online sale.
She tells People.com, "Ever since the earthquake, I've been trying to do my part to help the people of Haiti - and I wanted to do more." The singer/actress, who was part of Simon Cowell's recent all-star rendition of R.E.M.'s "Everybody Hurts" - recorded to help raise funds for the Haiti relief effort, is selling off the Herve Leger dress she wore to the Grammy Awards on January 31, in a bid to raise more cash.
She's also auctioning off two tickets to the Hollywood premiere of her upcoming film, "The Last Song". Meanwhile, Nicole Richie has donated jewelery to the cause and Britney Spears has offered up the Versace mini-dress she wore to 2008 MTV Video Music Awards.
Others involved include Hugh Jackman and Demi Lovato. All proceeds from the eBay auction will benefit the American Red Cross. Cyrus adds, "I want to get people involved and show (them) that even the little things you can do can make a difference."
More Miley Cyrus News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked