Noel Gallagher Wants to Attend Attacker's Sentencing Hearing
Noel Gallagher is to face his concert attacker in court after personally requesting the chance to read the case's victim impact statement in person. The rocker was left with three broken ribs after Danny Pickering lunged at him during an Oasis show in Toronto, Canada in September 2008.
The 48-year-old has already pleaded guilty to assault and now Gallagher wants to be present at his sentencing hearing. Defence lawyer John Collins had asked Ontario Justice Richard Schneider to turn down Gallagher's request, stating the rocker was attempting to "control the proceedings".
But the judge has ruled that Gallagher is entitled to be present. On Friday, February 5, the court adjourned to pick a date when Gallagher can appear. According to Examiner, Gallagher would be allowed to attend the court in person sometime in April.
- Scott Disick Who? Bella Thorne Reveals She Has Her Eye on Someone New
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Slams His Car Onto Paparazzo in Beverly Hills
- 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Season 9 Taps Jimmy Kimmel and More to Guest Star
- Charlie Sheen Accused of Infecting Gay Lover With HIV
- Gwen Stefani Is Reportedly Pregnant With Twins and Wants Advice From Beyonce
- 'Big Little Lies' Season 2 Is in Early Development
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Expecting 3rd Child
- Demi Lovato and Halsey Squash Feud Rumors With One Cute Selfie