Will Smith and Wife File Legal Paper to Avoid Plea Over Film Failure
Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith have filed legal papers in Los Angeles in an effort to avoid a cash plea from a former business partner. The Smiths claim the man who financed a movie Jada wrote and starred in is threatening to sue them over what he claims was a "guaranteed" return for his investment - and they're not to blame for the failure of the film, called "The Human Contract".
The project, which went straight to DVD, made no money. The Smiths insist they never promised to pay back investors, and, according to TMZ.com, they want a judge to declare they're not liable for the investor's lost cash.
Although they find failure in "The Human Contract", Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith have scored their fame in some big movies. However, Jada recently revealed that her husband seriously considers to leave the spotlight by moving into politics. She shared, "Will is thinking about going into politics. He once said he could imagine becoming a U.S. president. He wasn't joking, he was quite serious about it."
More Will Smith News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour