Will Smith and Wife File Legal Paper to Avoid Plea Over Film Failure
Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith have filed legal papers in Los Angeles in an effort to avoid a cash plea from a former business partner. The Smiths claim the man who financed a movie Jada wrote and starred in is threatening to sue them over what he claims was a "guaranteed" return for his investment - and they're not to blame for the failure of the film, called "The Human Contract".
The project, which went straight to DVD, made no money. The Smiths insist they never promised to pay back investors, and, according to TMZ.com, they want a judge to declare they're not liable for the investor's lost cash.
Although they find failure in "The Human Contract", Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith have scored their fame in some big movies. However, Jada recently revealed that her husband seriously considers to leave the spotlight by moving into politics. She shared, "Will is thinking about going into politics. He once said he could imagine becoming a U.S. president. He wasn't joking, he was quite serious about it."
More Will Smith News
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture