Will Smith and Wife File Legal Paper to Avoid Plea Over Film Failure
Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith have filed legal papers in Los Angeles in an effort to avoid a cash plea from a former business partner. The Smiths claim the man who financed a movie Jada wrote and starred in is threatening to sue them over what he claims was a "guaranteed" return for his investment - and they're not to blame for the failure of the film, called "The Human Contract".
The project, which went straight to DVD, made no money. The Smiths insist they never promised to pay back investors, and, according to TMZ.com, they want a judge to declare they're not liable for the investor's lost cash.
Although they find failure in "The Human Contract", Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith have scored their fame in some big movies. However, Jada recently revealed that her husband seriously considers to leave the spotlight by moving into politics. She shared, "Will is thinking about going into politics. He once said he could imagine becoming a U.S. president. He wasn't joking, he was quite serious about it."
More Will Smith News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent