Will Smith and Wife File Legal Paper to Avoid Plea Over Film Failure
Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith have filed legal papers in Los Angeles in an effort to avoid a cash plea from a former business partner. The Smiths claim the man who financed a movie Jada wrote and starred in is threatening to sue them over what he claims was a "guaranteed" return for his investment - and they're not to blame for the failure of the film, called "The Human Contract".
The project, which went straight to DVD, made no money. The Smiths insist they never promised to pay back investors, and, according to TMZ.com, they want a judge to declare they're not liable for the investor's lost cash.
Although they find failure in "The Human Contract", Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith have scored their fame in some big movies. However, Jada recently revealed that her husband seriously considers to leave the spotlight by moving into politics. She shared, "Will is thinking about going into politics. He once said he could imagine becoming a U.S. president. He wasn't joking, he was quite serious about it."
More Will Smith News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked