Oasis to Return on Stage With New Name
Oasis rocker Liam Gallagher has confirmed he has ditched the band's name, following the departure of his brother Noel Gallagher. Noel walked away from the group during their European tour in 2009, following a series of bust-ups with his sibling.
The younger Gallagher brother is now assembling his remaining bandmates to begin work on a new album, and he's promising fans a new name too. Liam tells British radio station XFM, "No, it's not Oasis. That was a s**t name anyway. I'm glad to see the back of it. There's a name that we're digging at the moment, but we're going to get on with the music and see how it goes."
He's refusing to reveal the new name - but promises fans won't have to wait long to see the 'new Oasis' in action, "We'll be on stage this year - without a doubt. We're halfway through the record - the demos, that is. We're in the studio this April to see if this producer works out. If he does, we'll crack on with the album through June and July."
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert