Oasis to Return on Stage With New Name
Oasis rocker Liam Gallagher has confirmed he has ditched the band's name, following the departure of his brother Noel Gallagher. Noel walked away from the group during their European tour in 2009, following a series of bust-ups with his sibling.
The younger Gallagher brother is now assembling his remaining bandmates to begin work on a new album, and he's promising fans a new name too. Liam tells British radio station XFM, "No, it's not Oasis. That was a s**t name anyway. I'm glad to see the back of it. There's a name that we're digging at the moment, but we're going to get on with the music and see how it goes."
He's refusing to reveal the new name - but promises fans won't have to wait long to see the 'new Oasis' in action, "We'll be on stage this year - without a doubt. We're halfway through the record - the demos, that is. We're in the studio this April to see if this producer works out. If he does, we'll crack on with the album through June and July."
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'