Oasis to Return on Stage With New Name
Oasis rocker Liam Gallagher has confirmed he has ditched the band's name, following the departure of his brother Noel Gallagher. Noel walked away from the group during their European tour in 2009, following a series of bust-ups with his sibling.
The younger Gallagher brother is now assembling his remaining bandmates to begin work on a new album, and he's promising fans a new name too. Liam tells British radio station XFM, "No, it's not Oasis. That was a s**t name anyway. I'm glad to see the back of it. There's a name that we're digging at the moment, but we're going to get on with the music and see how it goes."
He's refusing to reveal the new name - but promises fans won't have to wait long to see the 'new Oasis' in action, "We'll be on stage this year - without a doubt. We're halfway through the record - the demos, that is. We're in the studio this April to see if this producer works out. If he does, we'll crack on with the album through June and July."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences