Kate Walsh Wins Legal Battle Against Estranged Husband
Actress Kate Walsh is celebrating after a Los Angeles judge denied her estranged husband Alex Young the right to spousal support in their ongoing divorce battle. The "Private Practice" star has been locked in a war of words with Young since separating from him in 2008 and ending their 14-month marriage.
The split turned nasty when Walsh attempted to block her ex from claiming alimony, prompting Young to demand to know the true value of the actress' TV contract with America's ABC network in a bid to land a big money settlement. The former couple faced each other in court on Thursday, February 4, when a judge dismissed Young's claim to spousal support.
However, Young is entitled to half of Walsh's earnings from the episodes of hit medical dramas "Grey's Anatomy" and "Private Practice" filmed during their union. After hours of negotiations, Walsh also agreed to give Young $627,000 for his share of the community property, while the actress will keep their marital home. Artwork and furniture was split between the pair, reports TMZ.com.
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?
- 'This Is Us' Stars on Latest Twist: 'I'm Rooting for Jack and Rebecca'
- Watch Justin Timberlake Amaze Las Vegas Crowd in First Full Trailer for Netflix Concert Doc
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens