Kate Walsh Wins Legal Battle Against Estranged Husband
Actress Kate Walsh is celebrating after a Los Angeles judge denied her estranged husband Alex Young the right to spousal support in their ongoing divorce battle. The "Private Practice" star has been locked in a war of words with Young since separating from him in 2008 and ending their 14-month marriage.
The split turned nasty when Walsh attempted to block her ex from claiming alimony, prompting Young to demand to know the true value of the actress' TV contract with America's ABC network in a bid to land a big money settlement. The former couple faced each other in court on Thursday, February 4, when a judge dismissed Young's claim to spousal support.
However, Young is entitled to half of Walsh's earnings from the episodes of hit medical dramas "Grey's Anatomy" and "Private Practice" filmed during their union. After hours of negotiations, Walsh also agreed to give Young $627,000 for his share of the community property, while the actress will keep their marital home. Artwork and furniture was split between the pair, reports TMZ.com.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says