Anne Hathaway Quits Catholicism to Support Gay Brother
Anne Hathaway's entire family denounced Catholicism after her elder brother Michael 'came out' as gay. The Andrea Sachs of "The Devil Wears Prada" star was a member of the Catholic Church growing up in New Jersey, but the actress and her parents, Gerald and Kate, as well as her younger sibling Thomas decided to leave the faith to support Michael after he revealed his sexuality.
The 27-year-old actress tells Britain's GQ magazine, "The whole family converted to Episcopalianism after my elder brother came out. Why should I support an organization that has a limited view of my beloved brother?"
And Hathaway admits she's still trying to figure out her religious beliefs, "So I'm... nothing (no denomination). F**k it, I'm forming. I'm a work in progress."
More Anne Hathaway News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3