30 Seconds to Mars' Event Dropped Due to Bomb Scare
Rockers 30 Seconds to Mars called off a screening of their documentary in Los Angeles on Thursday night, February 4 following a bomb scare. The band, fronted by Jared Leto, was due to show the film to fans at The Hive venue in West Hollywood, but the event was scrapped and the building evacuated after a man rushed the stage and dropped a suspicious looking package at the singer's feet.
Footage posted online shows Leto grabbing the man and pulling him away from the crowd into a back room. Police were called to the venue and the building was evacuated, with cops sealing off the streets around the area.
A representative for The Hive updated fans via social networking site Twitter.com in a series of posts. The messages read, "Evacuating due to bomb scare. The police are blocking off the streets around 'The Hive' for about 4 blocks. Stay tuned. Bomb squad at The Hive now."
The posts then confirm the event was scrapped and rescheduled for Friday night, February 5, "We are going to do the event tomorrow night. Sorry to everyone who waited and didn't make it in. To anyone who travelled from afar (Chicago, Germany, etc.) We sincerely apologise for what happened. Obviously we didn't intend on this (sic)."
A post on Leto's official Twitter page adds, "Crazy night. I just finished with the police. They cleared 5 blocks + brought in the bomb squad + dogs. We will finish the event tomorrow." Celebrity website TMZ.com reports the suspect was taken into police custody following the incident. No further information was available as WENN went to press.
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease