Alexandra Burke Is Set to Visit Haiti
British singer Alexandra Burke is planning a trip to Haiti after watching moving news coverage from the earthquake-stricken country. "The X Factor" star was quick to lend her vocal talents to Simon Cowell's Haiti charity single, a cover of R.E.M.'s "Everybody Hurts", which he co-ordinated with the help of British newspaper The Sun.
But Burke wants to do even more for the Haitian aid effort - and jumped at the chance to visit the struggling nation. She says, "When The Sun asked if I would go to see things for myself, I didn't hesitate. If I can raise awareness about how much support is needed then I'm there in a heartbeat."
"I don't think that anyone can prepare for what it'll be like but I will try to be strong. Watching the news was like a disaster film but this was real."
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?