Alexandra Burke Is Set to Visit Haiti
British singer Alexandra Burke is planning a trip to Haiti after watching moving news coverage from the earthquake-stricken country. "The X Factor" star was quick to lend her vocal talents to Simon Cowell's Haiti charity single, a cover of R.E.M.'s "Everybody Hurts", which he co-ordinated with the help of British newspaper The Sun.
But Burke wants to do even more for the Haitian aid effort - and jumped at the chance to visit the struggling nation. She says, "When The Sun asked if I would go to see things for myself, I didn't hesitate. If I can raise awareness about how much support is needed then I'm there in a heartbeat."
"I don't think that anyone can prepare for what it'll be like but I will try to be strong. Watching the news was like a disaster film but this was real."
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones