Alexandra Burke Is Set to Visit Haiti
British singer Alexandra Burke is planning a trip to Haiti after watching moving news coverage from the earthquake-stricken country. "The X Factor" star was quick to lend her vocal talents to Simon Cowell's Haiti charity single, a cover of R.E.M.'s "Everybody Hurts", which he co-ordinated with the help of British newspaper The Sun.
But Burke wants to do even more for the Haitian aid effort - and jumped at the chance to visit the struggling nation. She says, "When The Sun asked if I would go to see things for myself, I didn't hesitate. If I can raise awareness about how much support is needed then I'm there in a heartbeat."
"I don't think that anyone can prepare for what it'll be like but I will try to be strong. Watching the news was like a disaster film but this was real."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal