Mackenzie Crook Quits 'Pirates of Caribbean' Too
British actor Mackenzie Crook has followed in the footsteps of Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley by quitting the "Pirates of the Caribbean" film franchise. Knightley announced her departure in 2008, and Bloom revealed last month he wouldn't be starring in 2011's "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides".
And Crook, who played comedy pirate Ragetti in the first three films, has confessed he won't be starring in the fourth installment either. He tells Britain's The Independent newspaper, "They haven't asked me. But actually I don't mind that at all. I'm a fan of the first one especially and I think the trilogy we've made is great. I'd almost like them to leave it there."
"If people want more, then, sure, give them more if you can keep the standard. Quite possibly they do and quite possibly they can, so that's great. But my pirating days are over."
Johnny Depp has signed on to resurrect his eccentric high seas character Captain Jack Sparrow for a reported pay cheque of $33.6 million.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special