Mackenzie Crook Quits 'Pirates of Caribbean' Too
British actor Mackenzie Crook has followed in the footsteps of Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley by quitting the "Pirates of the Caribbean" film franchise. Knightley announced her departure in 2008, and Bloom revealed last month he wouldn't be starring in 2011's "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides".
And Crook, who played comedy pirate Ragetti in the first three films, has confessed he won't be starring in the fourth installment either. He tells Britain's The Independent newspaper, "They haven't asked me. But actually I don't mind that at all. I'm a fan of the first one especially and I think the trilogy we've made is great. I'd almost like them to leave it there."
"If people want more, then, sure, give them more if you can keep the standard. Quite possibly they do and quite possibly they can, so that's great. But my pirating days are over."
Johnny Depp has signed on to resurrect his eccentric high seas character Captain Jack Sparrow for a reported pay cheque of $33.6 million.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show