Lil Wayne Wins Battle Over Cough Syrup Addiction
Rapper Lil Wayne has given up his thirst for promethazine-codeine syrup ahead of his upcoming 12-month jail stint, but insists he'll always be hooked on marijuana. The hip-hop star has long been associated with the cough syrup-type drink he once dubbed 'drank' - but he claims he no longer uses the liquid to get high.
The 27-year-old rapper tells Rolling Stone magazine, "I haven't f**ked with that in a long time," insisting he quit in May 2009. But there's one high he'll never give up, "I smoke weed all day. I'm a very successful addict. And a smart one. And a very charismatic one."
The "Lollipop" hitmaker is set to begin his jail sentence on weapons charges next week.
More Lil Wayne News
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake