Dita Von Teese Reveals She's Being a Shopaholic
Burlesque star Dita Von Teese enjoys extravagant shopping sprees and once spent $70,000 on a single dress. Marilyn Manson's dancer ex-wife insists she frequently gets carried away and splurges four and five figure sums.
She says, "I know how to spend extravagantly - I think nothing of spending $8,000 on a corset for my show. My accountant once said he couldn't understand how I spent $70,000 on a single dress, but then he came to my show and saw how lavish it was and told me afterward that now he understood."
But the 37-year-old star doesn't rely on credit cards to buy items - after struggling with debt as a teen, "I learned when I was 18 about not ruining your credit rating spending on cards. When I first had credit cards I let a large balance accrue. It took me a long time to shake off the debt and for a while I had a very low credit score and couldn't get a car loan."
"Now I really value my spotless record - I pay my balances off every month and that means I can buy whatever I want. And I don't focus on what my card limits are - I have girlfriends who see they have a $10,000 limit and max it out as if it's their natural born right."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival