Dita Von Teese Reveals She's Being a Shopaholic
Burlesque star Dita Von Teese enjoys extravagant shopping sprees and once spent $70,000 on a single dress. Marilyn Manson's dancer ex-wife insists she frequently gets carried away and splurges four and five figure sums.
She says, "I know how to spend extravagantly - I think nothing of spending $8,000 on a corset for my show. My accountant once said he couldn't understand how I spent $70,000 on a single dress, but then he came to my show and saw how lavish it was and told me afterward that now he understood."
But the 37-year-old star doesn't rely on credit cards to buy items - after struggling with debt as a teen, "I learned when I was 18 about not ruining your credit rating spending on cards. When I first had credit cards I let a large balance accrue. It took me a long time to shake off the debt and for a while I had a very low credit score and couldn't get a car loan."
"Now I really value my spotless record - I pay my balances off every month and that means I can buy whatever I want. And I don't focus on what my card limits are - I have girlfriends who see they have a $10,000 limit and max it out as if it's their natural born right."
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake
- Ray J Teams Up With Chris Brown for Kanye West 'Famous' Response
- Here's Why Ryan Reynolds Disagrees With Tim Miller's 'More Stylish' Version of 'Deadpool 2'
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen