Carrie Underwood Makes Big Screen Debut With 'Soul Surfer'
Country star Carrie Underwood is to put her acting skills to the test on the big screen - she's landed her big break in new movie "Soul Surfer". The singer will head to Hawaii to star opposite Dennis Quaid and Helen Hunt in the biopic of teen wave-riding sensation Bethany Hamilton, who was back in the water just three weeks after a Great White shark bit off her arm.
Quaid and Hunt play Hamilton's parents, and Underwood has taken on the role of a church youth leader, according to Variety.com. The film is based on Hamilton's autobiography and also stars Jack Nicholson's teenage daughter Lorraine Nicholson and Pierce Brosnan's son Sean Brosnan.
The movie is scheduled to begin filming in Hawaii this week. Underwood will make her TV acting debut next month in March appearing in an episode of U.S. sitcom "How I Met Your Mother".
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert
- Kim Kardashian Caught Wearing Butt Pads at Khloe's Birthday Party
- Check Out Peter Parker in Spidey Suit on 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set
- Wendy Williams Skeptical of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's Romance, Calling Him 'an Opportunist'
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6