Carrie Underwood Makes Big Screen Debut With 'Soul Surfer'
Country star Carrie Underwood is to put her acting skills to the test on the big screen - she's landed her big break in new movie "Soul Surfer". The singer will head to Hawaii to star opposite Dennis Quaid and Helen Hunt in the biopic of teen wave-riding sensation Bethany Hamilton, who was back in the water just three weeks after a Great White shark bit off her arm.
Quaid and Hunt play Hamilton's parents, and Underwood has taken on the role of a church youth leader, according to Variety.com. The film is based on Hamilton's autobiography and also stars Jack Nicholson's teenage daughter Lorraine Nicholson and Pierce Brosnan's son Sean Brosnan.
The movie is scheduled to begin filming in Hawaii this week. Underwood will make her TV acting debut next month in March appearing in an episode of U.S. sitcom "How I Met Your Mother".
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'