Carrie Underwood Makes Big Screen Debut With 'Soul Surfer'
Country star Carrie Underwood is to put her acting skills to the test on the big screen - she's landed her big break in new movie "Soul Surfer". The singer will head to Hawaii to star opposite Dennis Quaid and Helen Hunt in the biopic of teen wave-riding sensation Bethany Hamilton, who was back in the water just three weeks after a Great White shark bit off her arm.
Quaid and Hunt play Hamilton's parents, and Underwood has taken on the role of a church youth leader, according to Variety.com. The film is based on Hamilton's autobiography and also stars Jack Nicholson's teenage daughter Lorraine Nicholson and Pierce Brosnan's son Sean Brosnan.
The movie is scheduled to begin filming in Hawaii this week. Underwood will make her TV acting debut next month in March appearing in an episode of U.S. sitcom "How I Met Your Mother".
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says