Carrie Underwood Makes Big Screen Debut With 'Soul Surfer'
Country star Carrie Underwood is to put her acting skills to the test on the big screen - she's landed her big break in new movie "Soul Surfer". The singer will head to Hawaii to star opposite Dennis Quaid and Helen Hunt in the biopic of teen wave-riding sensation Bethany Hamilton, who was back in the water just three weeks after a Great White shark bit off her arm.
Quaid and Hunt play Hamilton's parents, and Underwood has taken on the role of a church youth leader, according to Variety.com. The film is based on Hamilton's autobiography and also stars Jack Nicholson's teenage daughter Lorraine Nicholson and Pierce Brosnan's son Sean Brosnan.
The movie is scheduled to begin filming in Hawaii this week. Underwood will make her TV acting debut next month in March appearing in an episode of U.S. sitcom "How I Met Your Mother".
- Salma Hayek Suggests Donald Trump Tried to Manipulate Her Into Agreeing on a Date
- 'Doctor Strange' Actor Benedict Wong Confirmed for 'Avengers: Infinity Wars'
- Leonardo DiCaprio Had Another Near-Death Experience While Diving in the Galapagos
- Listen to Sia's 3 New Tracks From 'This Is Acting' Deluxe Version
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Set Pics: First Look at Kit Harington in Full Costume
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik