Carrie Underwood Makes Big Screen Debut With 'Soul Surfer'
Country star Carrie Underwood is to put her acting skills to the test on the big screen - she's landed her big break in new movie "Soul Surfer". The singer will head to Hawaii to star opposite Dennis Quaid and Helen Hunt in the biopic of teen wave-riding sensation Bethany Hamilton, who was back in the water just three weeks after a Great White shark bit off her arm.
Quaid and Hunt play Hamilton's parents, and Underwood has taken on the role of a church youth leader, according to Variety.com. The film is based on Hamilton's autobiography and also stars Jack Nicholson's teenage daughter Lorraine Nicholson and Pierce Brosnan's son Sean Brosnan.
The movie is scheduled to begin filming in Hawaii this week. Underwood will make her TV acting debut next month in March appearing in an episode of U.S. sitcom "How I Met Your Mother".
- Nick Jonas Caught Enjoying a Date Night With a Mystery Blonde
- Jimmy Kimmel Will Try His Best to Keep Matt Damon Off Oscars' Stage
- Prince Harry Plans to Move to the U.S. Once He Marries Meghan Markle
- Ed Sheeran Covers Little Mix's 'Touch' in Radio 1's Live Lounge
- Blonde Justin Bieber Enjoys Sunbathing in Acapulco - See the Pics
- 'Game of Thrones' Actor Alfie Allen to Join 'The Predator'
- Ben Affleck Moves Back in With Jennifer Garner Amid Divorce Rumors
- Bedroom Romp? Brandi Glanville and Boyfriend Pose Completely Naked in Bed in NSFW Selfie