AC/DC's Brian Johnson Mad Over 'Cocky' Fan Petition
AC/DC frontman Brian Johnson is fuming over a fan petition urging the rockers to change the setlist on their "Black Ice" world tour - insisting their devotees shouldn't take rock 'n' roll so seriously. The band has been hit by complaints from loyal fans during their global gigs, with many teaming up to launch a campaign in a bid to force the rockers to play different songs at each show.
Johnson admits the petition made him angry because so many gig-goers want to hear all the band's classic tracks - and he's urging his disgruntled followers to just treat the concerts as a "bit of fun." Part of the petition read, "They may cheer at the concerts, they may go home happy... but they only came to hear 'Thunderstruck'. They don't eat, sleep and s**t AC/DC like we do."
He tells Australia's News.com.au, "F**k them! What about the fans who haven't heard (those songs)? There are a few cocky fans. A lot of people now with the computers, they sit on their fat a**es in their house somewhere going 'Oh they played that song last night, they should change it'. Well, b**locks to you. I don't think they realize changing a song in a set now is not the same as it used to be."
"When you include all the lighting guys, the stagehands, the technicians - there are 85 guys who have to know what's happening if you change a song. We're still doing some of the really old stuff. We're not daft. We realize the fans like the old songs."
"But boy, it ticks me off when people start petitions. We're not a political party, we're just a rock 'n' roll band out for a bit of fun."
More AC/DC News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding