Carey Mulligan Unsuccessfully Impresses Mum With Oscars Nod
"An Education" star Carey Mulligan failed to impress her family with her first Academy Award nomination - her busy mum hung up when she called to break the happy news. The British newcomer learned on Tuesday, February 3 she's in the running for the Best Actress prize at the 2010 Oscars - but when she telephoned her mother Nano, a college lecturer, she was told to call back later.
Mulligan explains, "I phoned up and said, 'Mum, mum, mum! I got nominated for an Oscar!' And she said, 'Oh fabulous, I'm just with a student - can you call me back in 45 minutes?' " And the-24 year-old actress admits she was so nervous about the nomination announcements, she didn't get any sleep the night before.
She shares, "I honestly thought I was going to throw up. It was really, really nerve-wracking. You can have as many people as you like tell you that you're going to get nominated but it doesn't feel possible until it happens."
Mulligan will compete against Meryl Streep, Sandra Bullock, Helen Mirren and Gabourey Sidibe for the golden statuette at the Los Angeles ceremony in March.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'