Carey Mulligan Unsuccessfully Impresses Mum With Oscars Nod
"An Education" star Carey Mulligan failed to impress her family with her first Academy Award nomination - her busy mum hung up when she called to break the happy news. The British newcomer learned on Tuesday, February 3 she's in the running for the Best Actress prize at the 2010 Oscars - but when she telephoned her mother Nano, a college lecturer, she was told to call back later.
Mulligan explains, "I phoned up and said, 'Mum, mum, mum! I got nominated for an Oscar!' And she said, 'Oh fabulous, I'm just with a student - can you call me back in 45 minutes?' " And the-24 year-old actress admits she was so nervous about the nomination announcements, she didn't get any sleep the night before.
She shares, "I honestly thought I was going to throw up. It was really, really nerve-wracking. You can have as many people as you like tell you that you're going to get nominated but it doesn't feel possible until it happens."
Mulligan will compete against Meryl Streep, Sandra Bullock, Helen Mirren and Gabourey Sidibe for the golden statuette at the Los Angeles ceremony in March.
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth