Carey Mulligan Unsuccessfully Impresses Mum With Oscars Nod
"An Education" star Carey Mulligan failed to impress her family with her first Academy Award nomination - her busy mum hung up when she called to break the happy news. The British newcomer learned on Tuesday, February 3 she's in the running for the Best Actress prize at the 2010 Oscars - but when she telephoned her mother Nano, a college lecturer, she was told to call back later.
Mulligan explains, "I phoned up and said, 'Mum, mum, mum! I got nominated for an Oscar!' And she said, 'Oh fabulous, I'm just with a student - can you call me back in 45 minutes?' " And the-24 year-old actress admits she was so nervous about the nomination announcements, she didn't get any sleep the night before.
She shares, "I honestly thought I was going to throw up. It was really, really nerve-wracking. You can have as many people as you like tell you that you're going to get nominated but it doesn't feel possible until it happens."
Mulligan will compete against Meryl Streep, Sandra Bullock, Helen Mirren and Gabourey Sidibe for the golden statuette at the Los Angeles ceremony in March.
More Carey Mulligan News
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up