Carey Mulligan Unsuccessfully Impresses Mum With Oscars Nod
"An Education" star Carey Mulligan failed to impress her family with her first Academy Award nomination - her busy mum hung up when she called to break the happy news. The British newcomer learned on Tuesday, February 3 she's in the running for the Best Actress prize at the 2010 Oscars - but when she telephoned her mother Nano, a college lecturer, she was told to call back later.
Mulligan explains, "I phoned up and said, 'Mum, mum, mum! I got nominated for an Oscar!' And she said, 'Oh fabulous, I'm just with a student - can you call me back in 45 minutes?' " And the-24 year-old actress admits she was so nervous about the nomination announcements, she didn't get any sleep the night before.
She shares, "I honestly thought I was going to throw up. It was really, really nerve-wracking. You can have as many people as you like tell you that you're going to get nominated but it doesn't feel possible until it happens."
Mulligan will compete against Meryl Streep, Sandra Bullock, Helen Mirren and Gabourey Sidibe for the golden statuette at the Los Angeles ceremony in March.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars