Carey Mulligan Unsuccessfully Impresses Mum With Oscars Nod
"An Education" star Carey Mulligan failed to impress her family with her first Academy Award nomination - her busy mum hung up when she called to break the happy news. The British newcomer learned on Tuesday, February 3 she's in the running for the Best Actress prize at the 2010 Oscars - but when she telephoned her mother Nano, a college lecturer, she was told to call back later.
Mulligan explains, "I phoned up and said, 'Mum, mum, mum! I got nominated for an Oscar!' And she said, 'Oh fabulous, I'm just with a student - can you call me back in 45 minutes?' " And the-24 year-old actress admits she was so nervous about the nomination announcements, she didn't get any sleep the night before.
She shares, "I honestly thought I was going to throw up. It was really, really nerve-wracking. You can have as many people as you like tell you that you're going to get nominated but it doesn't feel possible until it happens."
Mulligan will compete against Meryl Streep, Sandra Bullock, Helen Mirren and Gabourey Sidibe for the golden statuette at the Los Angeles ceremony in March.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says