Carey Mulligan Feels Awful When Being Compared to Audrey Hepburn
Oscar-hopeful Carey Mulligan is "embarrassed" critics are hailing her as the next Audrey Hepburn - insisting she feels like cartoon ogre "Shrek" in comparison to the screen icon. Mulligan has been nominated for a string of awards for her role in "An Education", but the 24 year old is adamant she still has a long way to go to match the "Breakfast At Tiffany" star's success - and looks.
She says, "I've always been so embarrassed by that comparison. You feel like 'Shrek' compared to Audrey Hepburn. It's a really nice comparison, but it just seems so mad." And the rising star admits she was stunned to receive a Best Actress nomination ahead of March Academy Awards.
She adds, "It was like a really good, friendly punch in the stomach. It's a good feeling, but it's like a jolt. You can be in as many top-five lists and have as many people say things to you on red carpets as you like, and it doesn't for a single second make you honestly think that you're going to get nominated."
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?