Carey Mulligan Feels Awful When Being Compared to Audrey Hepburn
Oscar-hopeful Carey Mulligan is "embarrassed" critics are hailing her as the next Audrey Hepburn - insisting she feels like cartoon ogre "Shrek" in comparison to the screen icon. Mulligan has been nominated for a string of awards for her role in "An Education", but the 24 year old is adamant she still has a long way to go to match the "Breakfast At Tiffany" star's success - and looks.
She says, "I've always been so embarrassed by that comparison. You feel like 'Shrek' compared to Audrey Hepburn. It's a really nice comparison, but it just seems so mad." And the rising star admits she was stunned to receive a Best Actress nomination ahead of March Academy Awards.
She adds, "It was like a really good, friendly punch in the stomach. It's a good feeling, but it's like a jolt. You can be in as many top-five lists and have as many people say things to you on red carpets as you like, and it doesn't for a single second make you honestly think that you're going to get nominated."
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years
- Rihanna Asks for Help to Find Her Missing Backup Dancer Shirlene Quigley
- Report: Britney Spears Is Filming 'Slumber Party' Music Video
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack