Carey Mulligan Feels Awful When Being Compared to Audrey Hepburn
Oscar-hopeful Carey Mulligan is "embarrassed" critics are hailing her as the next Audrey Hepburn - insisting she feels like cartoon ogre "Shrek" in comparison to the screen icon. Mulligan has been nominated for a string of awards for her role in "An Education", but the 24 year old is adamant she still has a long way to go to match the "Breakfast At Tiffany" star's success - and looks.
She says, "I've always been so embarrassed by that comparison. You feel like 'Shrek' compared to Audrey Hepburn. It's a really nice comparison, but it just seems so mad." And the rising star admits she was stunned to receive a Best Actress nomination ahead of March Academy Awards.
She adds, "It was like a really good, friendly punch in the stomach. It's a good feeling, but it's like a jolt. You can be in as many top-five lists and have as many people say things to you on red carpets as you like, and it doesn't for a single second make you honestly think that you're going to get nominated."
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2
- Watch: Shawn Mendes Makes His Debut on 'SNL'
- Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Can't Stop Tweeting During National Security Briefing on 'SNL'
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball