Carey Mulligan Feels Awful When Being Compared to Audrey Hepburn
Oscar-hopeful Carey Mulligan is "embarrassed" critics are hailing her as the next Audrey Hepburn - insisting she feels like cartoon ogre "Shrek" in comparison to the screen icon. Mulligan has been nominated for a string of awards for her role in "An Education", but the 24 year old is adamant she still has a long way to go to match the "Breakfast At Tiffany" star's success - and looks.
She says, "I've always been so embarrassed by that comparison. You feel like 'Shrek' compared to Audrey Hepburn. It's a really nice comparison, but it just seems so mad." And the rising star admits she was stunned to receive a Best Actress nomination ahead of March Academy Awards.
She adds, "It was like a really good, friendly punch in the stomach. It's a good feeling, but it's like a jolt. You can be in as many top-five lists and have as many people say things to you on red carpets as you like, and it doesn't for a single second make you honestly think that you're going to get nominated."
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says
- Joe Biden to Guest Star on 'Law and Order: SVU'. Get the First Look
- Listen to Pink and Kenny Chesney's New Song 'Setting the World on Fire'
- Lindsay Lohan Isn't Pregnant, Close Friend Hofit Golan Confirms
- Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher Already Planning for Third Baby
- Marvel Confirms 'Avengers: Infinity War' Is One Movie, 'Avengers 4' Is Now Untitled
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Single 'Kiss the Sky' Off His 'Platinum Hits' Album