Carey Mulligan Feels Awful When Being Compared to Audrey Hepburn
Oscar-hopeful Carey Mulligan is "embarrassed" critics are hailing her as the next Audrey Hepburn - insisting she feels like cartoon ogre "Shrek" in comparison to the screen icon. Mulligan has been nominated for a string of awards for her role in "An Education", but the 24 year old is adamant she still has a long way to go to match the "Breakfast At Tiffany" star's success - and looks.
She says, "I've always been so embarrassed by that comparison. You feel like 'Shrek' compared to Audrey Hepburn. It's a really nice comparison, but it just seems so mad." And the rising star admits she was stunned to receive a Best Actress nomination ahead of March Academy Awards.
She adds, "It was like a really good, friendly punch in the stomach. It's a good feeling, but it's like a jolt. You can be in as many top-five lists and have as many people say things to you on red carpets as you like, and it doesn't for a single second make you honestly think that you're going to get nominated."
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2