Mary J. Blige to Re-Record Led Zeppelin's Classic With Supergroup
Mary J. Blige has formed a supergroup to re-record Led Zeppelin classic "Stairway to Heaven". The R&B star has taken over the fabled Studio A at Hollywood's Capitol Records building and recruited Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker, "American Idol" judge Randy Jackson, Michael Jackson's former touring guitarist Orianthi and guitar great Steve Vai as her band to record a cover of the rock anthem.
Blige tells Spinner.com, "I think this song is not hard at all because it's based on pure emotion... and once you get lost in the rock 'n' roll moment of it, all you can do is scream to the top of your lungs or go as low as you need to go... It's a spirit thing."
The track will appear as one of the bonus tracks on the re-release of her latest album, "Stronger With Each Tear". And now Blige has her sights set on a duet with Led Zep's Robert Plant, "I wouldn't mind, if he doesn't mind. 'Whole Lotta Love' is crazy!"
More Mary J. Blige News
- Jennifer Aniston Returns to TV With Reese Witherspoon on Series About Morning Shows
- Madison Beer Is Not Dating Brooklyn Beckham
- Katy Perry to Host the 2017 MTV Video Music Awards
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show