Mary J. Blige to Re-Record Led Zeppelin's Classic With Supergroup
Mary J. Blige has formed a supergroup to re-record Led Zeppelin classic "Stairway to Heaven". The R&B star has taken over the fabled Studio A at Hollywood's Capitol Records building and recruited Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker, "American Idol" judge Randy Jackson, Michael Jackson's former touring guitarist Orianthi and guitar great Steve Vai as her band to record a cover of the rock anthem.
Blige tells Spinner.com, "I think this song is not hard at all because it's based on pure emotion... and once you get lost in the rock 'n' roll moment of it, all you can do is scream to the top of your lungs or go as low as you need to go... It's a spirit thing."
The track will appear as one of the bonus tracks on the re-release of her latest album, "Stronger With Each Tear". And now Blige has her sights set on a duet with Led Zep's Robert Plant, "I wouldn't mind, if he doesn't mind. 'Whole Lotta Love' is crazy!"
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala