Mary J. Blige to Re-Record Led Zeppelin's Classic With Supergroup
Mary J. Blige has formed a supergroup to re-record Led Zeppelin classic "Stairway to Heaven". The R&B star has taken over the fabled Studio A at Hollywood's Capitol Records building and recruited Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker, "American Idol" judge Randy Jackson, Michael Jackson's former touring guitarist Orianthi and guitar great Steve Vai as her band to record a cover of the rock anthem.
Blige tells Spinner.com, "I think this song is not hard at all because it's based on pure emotion... and once you get lost in the rock 'n' roll moment of it, all you can do is scream to the top of your lungs or go as low as you need to go... It's a spirit thing."
The track will appear as one of the bonus tracks on the re-release of her latest album, "Stronger With Each Tear". And now Blige has her sights set on a duet with Led Zep's Robert Plant, "I wouldn't mind, if he doesn't mind. 'Whole Lotta Love' is crazy!"
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board