Mary J. Blige to Re-Record Led Zeppelin's Classic With Supergroup
Mary J. Blige has formed a supergroup to re-record Led Zeppelin classic "Stairway to Heaven". The R&B star has taken over the fabled Studio A at Hollywood's Capitol Records building and recruited Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker, "American Idol" judge Randy Jackson, Michael Jackson's former touring guitarist Orianthi and guitar great Steve Vai as her band to record a cover of the rock anthem.
Blige tells Spinner.com, "I think this song is not hard at all because it's based on pure emotion... and once you get lost in the rock 'n' roll moment of it, all you can do is scream to the top of your lungs or go as low as you need to go... It's a spirit thing."
The track will appear as one of the bonus tracks on the re-release of her latest album, "Stronger With Each Tear". And now Blige has her sights set on a duet with Led Zep's Robert Plant, "I wouldn't mind, if he doesn't mind. 'Whole Lotta Love' is crazy!"
- Brad Pitt's Child Abuse Investigation Extended due to New Key Accusation
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer