Mary J. Blige to Re-Record Led Zeppelin's Classic With Supergroup
Mary J. Blige has formed a supergroup to re-record Led Zeppelin classic "Stairway to Heaven". The R&B star has taken over the fabled Studio A at Hollywood's Capitol Records building and recruited Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker, "American Idol" judge Randy Jackson, Michael Jackson's former touring guitarist Orianthi and guitar great Steve Vai as her band to record a cover of the rock anthem.
Blige tells Spinner.com, "I think this song is not hard at all because it's based on pure emotion... and once you get lost in the rock 'n' roll moment of it, all you can do is scream to the top of your lungs or go as low as you need to go... It's a spirit thing."
The track will appear as one of the bonus tracks on the re-release of her latest album, "Stronger With Each Tear". And now Blige has her sights set on a duet with Led Zep's Robert Plant, "I wouldn't mind, if he doesn't mind. 'Whole Lotta Love' is crazy!"
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake